The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon Crown (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Howdy—
Does anyone have any ideas for a balloon crown made from 260's?

I was thinking of something other than the three balloon braid turban. I have searched all my Dewey books, but to no avail. Any help, advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
http://www.balloonhq.com

Tell 'em, Sir T sent ya. Smile

Smile
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Thanks for the reminder. I should have remembered to look there. Their search engine is down though, so I will have to wait a while.

That's what's great about this forum— lots of folks with good advice! Thanks again— I'll let you know if I come up with anything.
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Profile of Justin McWilliams
Think about red and green. If you do Christmas, that's a great Christmas wreath.
Hey I'm a magician, i've never told a lie.....oops:o/
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Phil:

The Don Caldwell video, "Blow Hard with a Vengeance" has some VERY nice hats on it. Very impressive.

Also, the "Arturo Live" video has some cool hats on it.

Hope this steers you in the right direction.

Ron Reid
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Hi Phil,
Blow up a balloon, make a circle hat and remove the extra. Take a second balloon, blow up, leaving 5" uninflated—attach at the circle hat connection with a 1/2" bubble. Make a 2" B, 1/2" B, and a 2" B and attach to hat 1" from start. Make a 1/2" Pinch twist, 3" bubble, 1/2" B, and a 3" B and attach to hat at 1-1/2 in from last twist. Make a 1/2" Pinch twist, 2" B, 1/2" B, and a 2" B and attach to hat. Make 1/2" pinch twist—remove remaining balloon. Pinch twist the 3 1/2" bubbles at the peaks. Hope this makes sense!
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Jewls—
I think I followed that. My head is spinning a bit though. Smile In my mind's eye, can't reach my balloon bag right now, this looks great!

Thanks for the help.

Justin—
Thanks for the Christmas idea...

Ron—
Thanks for steering me to the Don Caldwell videos. Will have to check them out.
phill
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
I make my Christmas wreaths by twisting two full balloons together making a circle and adding a bow. You can get real fancy if you have time and add a bird and strings of small bubbles ... you get the idea.
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Jewls, that hat you desribed went way over my head. Can you put that in a way that doesn't require climbing a beanstalk to catch?
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Profile of Justin McWilliams
Jewls you put me in the ground with the your Christmas wreath. *bows down and lets you take stage center*
Hey I'm a magician, i've never told a lie.....oops:o/
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Well Justin, as good as you are at balloon art, I think Jewls has a couple more experience than you. So I'm sure that she has a few more creative ideas.
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
If I followed Jewl's instructions right in my head, you will end up with a
"traditional" type crown with one larger peak in the front.

That is amazing Jewl, do you think in pinches and twists naturally, or did you have to write it all down first?

Either way, you truly have a gift.

I was told by my first clown instructor that I am a natural Auguste. Smile (Actually he sort of said it under his breath. I took it as a compliment, although I'm not exactly sure that it was meant that way.) Smile Smile

But I'd trade it for your (pardon the pun) twisted(/ing) way of thinking. Smile .
Steve Smile
zzz
smile4wandini
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of smile4wandini
A nice crown can be made by sizing the 260 around head, then three v's that will be connected with a string of pearls (small bubbles in a row) to keep the crown shape to the hat. I agree with going to Balloon HQ Smile
www.smilephoto.com
The Great Wandini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon Crown (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL