The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Hot Leads (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
I just got an e-mail from Vista saying I can reorder 250 premium cards for $1.98 until April 30.

Guess I'll get some more.

Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Victor Ian Smith
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
61 Posts

Profile of Victor Ian Smith
I like uprinting.com for business cards. Great design interface and very reasonable. Also, doesn't Vista still want to advertise on the back? I prefer completely blank back for mentalism work.

They work fine with Hot Money Clip.

Brian
"Do what you love...

...and you will never work a day of your life"

- Confucius
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
465 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
My lighter never worked when I got hot lead so I just put a cheapo electric lighter on the back.I soak my vista print cards glosssy front plain back with the yellow lighter fluid. Pretty much do everything like Brains post and never had a problem with it.No one has ever said what was that clicking noise? They have just always been in aww over the lite card.Had the trick for 3 yrs.
Shawn Durham
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I have two of them - the original with the cheapo lighter works every time. The new one has a fancy flat lighter, less then 1/8" thick. It makes the whole package much easier to handle BUT - the lighter works only half the time, or even less than that. Think I'll take Shawn's advice and replace the lighter.

All that being said, I get better reactions from this than anything else I do. I'm considering selling all my magic and just going around passing out flaming business cards.

Jim
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
1. The first one was called "Afterburn" and boy is it a piece if junk!
You have to use flash cotton every time a lot of set up and just a waste of money!

2. The second one "Hot Leads" is as many said already lighter fluid on cards and a cheap lighter.. Amazingly it actually works! However the new flat lighter that comes with it is cheap and doesn't work most of the time. However this one actually could be used.

3. "Electric Hot Leads" Is the same as the first Afterburn with a newer coil and for the first 50 uses no flash cotton is needed. after that you are screwed and its exactly like Afterburn the first junky one.

I own all three and the only one I have lugged around in the past is the second version "Hot Leads"

I have tried glossy cards several times and they always have bubbled OR get a gray tone to them. (regardless of the type of printer)

Using non glossy cards these days (since price is so cheap) I think make you look cheap...
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
As I mentioned, I use glossy cards, on one side, from Vista print. The glossy side is almost all black, so I don't know if there is ant discolouring.

Lets not forget the new electric one coming out, and the money clip one.

Personally, I use the lighter method, on a lighter leash, so as soon as the card is lit, zip, its clean.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
My cards are also from Vist Print - they are coated. They survive the burn time just fine!
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
INCREDIBL3HULK
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of INCREDIBL3HULK
Im ordering Hot leads today and am going to use it for restaurants. I already use flash paper for some effects, so its no big deal. Not looking for a "trick" with it, just a "wowing" factor when I give my buisness card to them before I walk away. As for the clicking noise, I will take the wallet out very quickly after I perform my climax of the routine. (while they are "ewwwwing" and "awwwing" and asking me how I did it). Simply take the card out then, and they shouldn't recognize the click and if they do they will shortly forget. Hope I like it.
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I liked the cards I got from Vista Print. My problem with them is that once they had my e-mail address they started spamming the living crap out of me. It took several months to get them to quit. I will never do business with them again.
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of restaurant3000
I have made my own hot leads wallet after the original one I had got completely destroyed , in quite a dangerous way.

It was a busy night, in my hot leads wallet I also stored a stack of flash paper so that I could follow up with another fire trick. (you live you learn) In my haste from table to table, some of the flash paper hadn't been properly tucked away. You can guess what happened next. Fireball in my hands, smoke cloud in my face, eyes watering. Luckely no-one's hair was put on fire.

I felt really bad, because if something worse had happened, then I would have been that aufull magician who had actually caused some real damage to someone or something(as mentioned ealier in the thread).

All in the past, another one on my list of near misses, and another reason we all need public liability insurance.

Every time I use Hot leads, now, I allways step back and take a look up and around me, then do the deed. Yes it's a bit of an over dramatic pause, but I'm not going to take any chances any more. (I still keep the stack of flash paper in there, and make sure it's very very tidy).

Red in the face? I was allmost burnt in the face!
Booyah!
milesart
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
215 Posts

Profile of milesart
Is there a newer version available?
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Nope - the creator, Jim Pace, is in prison.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Personally I'd be no more likely to use a trick by jim pace than I would buy a gary glitter album!.
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2016, milesart wrote:
Is there a newer version available?

Burning Connection 2.0 by Andy Amyx
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S16149
RobertlewisIR
View Profile
Veteran user
Colorado
367 Posts

Profile of RobertlewisIR
I have Electric Hot Leads. I liked it when I was experimenting, thought it did its job fine; but at about the same time I came to the conclusion that fire wallets (and I do include this in that category, even though it's not exactly the same thing) don't really have a place in my work. So it lives in my drawer.
~Bob

----------

Last night, I dreamed I ate the world's largest marshmallow. When I woke up, the pillow was gone.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Hot Leads (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL