The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2008 entrée: Troy Hooser » » Which effects get the best reactions? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Hi Troy!

Based on your years of performing coin magic, what are the 2 or 3 effects that you believe consistently amaze audiences? Or, put another way what are the most visual, hard hitting effects using coins?

thanks!

sdmagic
Troy Hooser
View Profile
V.I.P.
53 Posts

Profile of Troy Hooser
Most visual, and hard hiiting coin effects I like my ExTROYdinary routine , my coins thru table which is very basic and the Charming Chinese Challenge. Also any copper silver routine is great anything to involve a spectator where the magic happens in their hands or with them. I use to perform Gary Kurtz body heat routine from his book, for me that was a strong routine when working. I think you would get a different answer from each magician, the ones I named are my favorites.
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Troy, Do you usually perform effects from other magicians or only your own?

-Mark Tirone
Troy Hooser
View Profile
V.I.P.
53 Posts

Profile of Troy Hooser
Yes I do perform other magicians effects. If its strong I'll use it. Always looking for something.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Hi Troy, do you find that your Charming Chinese challenge has more impact with women rather than men or have you honed it so it makes no difference?
Troy Hooser
View Profile
V.I.P.
53 Posts

Profile of Troy Hooser
I don't think it makes a difference for me. I never set out to target the trick for women, are you getting more of a reaction from women.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I have only just started playing with the routine and will take it out next week and see the reaction.
The reason I ask is that I know from my point of view some magic works better for men - ie. certain card tricks etc - because they can relate to the medium and not feel intimidated.
I'll let you know once it has been road tested.......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2008 entrée: Troy Hooser » » Which effects get the best reactions? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL