The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » chair suspension (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kasper777
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of kasper777
A friend of mine has a Klamm chair suspension that he's used only once and would sell to me for about $300.00 I'm still wondering if it is worth the investment. Thanks again for any and all tips.
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
Of the marketed chair suspensions I know of, that one is the best. I custom built mine, which I like better. If it is, in essence, brand new and you want it and that is cheaper than the marketed price then it is a good deal. You can get them cheaper, if all works out just right. I got one for a friend a while back, from a magician for $200.00 Personally, in my experience... the chair suspension is good but does not have the kind of "clout" you might like. It is effective but more as sort of a "stunt" or
"balancing stunt" than as a great levitation illusion.

quack
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Kasper777,

I bought a Klamm's Chair Suspension a little over two years ago and added it to my birthday show. I added $25.00 to the price of my show for the 5 minute illusion. When I sell my birthday packages, 90% book the show with the illusion.

My wife thinks it's the best investment I have ever made. It has paid for itself many times over.

Your mileage may vary.

Steven
Coram Deo
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I use an Abbott's Chair Suspension and I also use it to raise the price of my show. People will talk about it, and it's a practical suspension. Using some levitations for a kidshow would be ridiculous, because it would be exposed.
kasper777
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of kasper777
Do any of you use the chair suspension for events outside of kids parties? I'm trying to justify to myself buying. I hate spending money, especially $300.00, unless I knew I would use it enough.

Thanks for those that have supplied input so far.

Nolan
BryanDreyfus
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of BryanDreyfus
kasper,

If you book it they will pay.

trust the force, luke.

Bryan
Oh sure, I can spell "Antidisestablishmentarianism", but I can't type t-h-e.
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
It works for adults too. That is how Harbin usually performed it...for adults. It is deceptive so it is all presentation.

quack
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » chair suspension (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL