The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Comment needed - Metamorphosis demo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Hi everybody,

right at this moment I am releasing my newest effect called Metamorphosis (Pro). I was surprised that the February issue of the Genii magazine is already sent out and that I get the first reactions. At the moment I have no better video material than this single presentation I did, would you say that I have to film a better version or that I should stay with that one here?

http://www.card-shark.de/flv/video.cfm?f......osis.flv

Thanks for your comments.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
The ending is beautiful - it's just a little unnatural to have to put the card back on the deck in order to place it in her hand....but it is a very nice and original routine especially for the ladies............
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I see what you mean, especially the second card. Perhaps I can fix it. Funny is that I have a similar routine now for 2 years and nobody mentioned it so far.

Chinese Proverb
Jpovey
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Jpovey
I actually own this effect of yours! I think it is great and can get some really strong reactions! Referring to your original question - I think the footage you have is great!
For a while Houdini used alot of trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage!
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
You can add it back to your deck and as an afterthought, pick it back up and put in their hands. As long as it appears to be just that, an afterthought...like you where speaking and misplaced it in your hand.

Thanks Christian for putting this demo up so soon after my email!

Best-

What if you could have them name a butterfly and that is the one that vanishes and appears on the back of their hand? This would be a nice addition. I have an idea.....
bgh13mm
View Profile
New user
Pelham, Alabama
84 Posts

Profile of bgh13mm
Very nice looking trick..Where can one get this ?
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Sorry, I did not mention it, directly on my website: http://www.card-shark.de/index_e.cfm

Chinese Proverb
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Card-Shark - do you have any routines with vintage cards along the lines of Color Monte? Fun to think about...........
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Yes, I have a booklet for the combination of Gypsy Deck with Gypsy Deck Extension Set and for the Heirloom Deck with the Heirloom Deck Extension Set. As both Extension Sets are (nearly) the same the 10 routines in the booklet work for both combinations.

Chinese Proverb
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hello Christian,
I like it. The demo is fine also. I'm a big fan of card magic without using the traditional Bikes, although I do have a few routines like Bob Kohlers Aces in their Faces. I perform Paul Wilson's Gypsy Monte with tarot cards I purchased from Italy (Book of Thoth) and a version of Gypsy Curse using your cards, which are great. This new item is on my next purchase list.

Great Stuff.
Jim
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
@Robert: now I think I got you. Are you asking for a Color Monte Set in old style? No problem, send me an email or PM

@all: perhaps you have seen that I have souvenir butterflies, would it also be of interest to give away one of the butterfly CARDS instead? So that you do not stick a butterfly to the hand and follow the original version instead. I could perhaps deliver 20 extra butterfly cards so that you can give away one card after your performance for 20 times. Refills also possible.

Chinese Proverb
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Or a blank card to stick the butterfly to as a souvenir.... as if it is flying off the card.
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Christian: I am trying to come up with a routine using the same moves as in CM but with a plot that uses the old world style cards....shouldn't be that hard...
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
You can visit my online shop and watch the effect Monkey Monte. It uses the CM setup but the cards are even prepared to get rid of the awkward move in between. Just have a look.

http://www.card-shark.de/flv/video.cfm?f......lish.flv

Perhaps that gives you an idea for yourself. I can print anything onto my blank old looking cards, it can be giant pips, symbols, whatever, it is up to you. BTW, the images in the effect Metamorphosis are printed the same way.

Chinese Proverb
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Quote:
On 2009-01-21 11:12, Card-Shark wrote:
Hi everybody,

right at this moment I am releasing my newest effect called Metamorphosis (Pro). ...

Christian showed it to my wife recently; what a cute effect!!
This is really good for icebreaking - especially our female audience ;-)

Although I wonder if it is that new?
Do you know "Caterpillar Love" which is still available here:
http://www.magicbox.uk.com/shop.php/shop......611.html

Click here to view attached image.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Sure, everyody nows. In the instructions I give credits to Jim Pace and the other guy who invented the mentioned effect. Jim Pace is in the know about my new effect (as it should be).

The approach to both effects is different, even if an appearing butterfly is somehow similar. I think Caterpillar love has a very weak packet trick at the start and ends by getting back the butterfly from the spectator that weakens the overall effect in my opinion.

Chinese Proverb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Comment needed - Metamorphosis demo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL