The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Amanda’s Great Magic Trick (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
So you guys made me go to the bookshelf and dig out Pentology.
NOW I REMEMBER Smile
I hope to do something tonight a bit similar.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I'm confused... wouldn't the recipient of Amanda's letter get a new 10 days?
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Oh, boy... I thought of another creepy addition. What if after they do the effect you explain about the name on the envelope you then say, " I hope it worked." And you look at your own palms and say, "It's gone great. I'm safe." Don't say anything and just look at the spectator... they'll eventually look at their own palms... and they will find a dark stain on one. Boo!!!!

How: As you start the effect you put the envelope in their hand, but grab both hands and do the Ashes In The Palm move. Now they are ready for a big scare at the end.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Yes!!! It's gone. It must have moved on Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2009-03-05 20:46, Greg Arce wrote:
Oh, boy... I thought of another creepy addition. What if after they do the effect you explain about the name on the envelope you then say, " I hope it worked." And you look at your own palms and say, "It's gone great. I'm safe." Don't say anything and just look at the spectator... they'll eventually look at their own palms... and they will find a dark stain on one. Boo!!!!

How: As you start the effect you put the envelope in their hand, but grab both hands and do the Ashes In The Palm move. Now they are ready for a big scare at the end.

Greg

Greg,
I think that you are getting hook on the bizarre! LOL

You have some good ideas!

Ray
lejon
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of lejon
Quote:
On 2009-03-05 20:46, Greg Arce wrote:

Greg

excellent Greg.

gotta be done in a seance.....
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Beautiful, Greg!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Can magicians be classified as terrorists just because we can scare the crap out of people? I'm glad they no longer use the waterboard torture... or do they?
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Profile of christiancagigal
I've always loved that effect and MAN GREG!!!
THESE ARE SOME SWEEEEET IDEAS!!!!

You make me want to go back to this effect somehow.....hmmmm....

C
"Besides the known and the unknown, what else is there?"-Harold Pinter
www.christiancagigal.com
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Use tarot and the death card as the king.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Greg, you must have a talent or leaning to the bizarre, your book test is pretty bizarre, and excellently devised as well.

YOu should keep your hat in the ring. Your ideas are very good.
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
Vic Nadata wrote- "Use tarot and the death card as the king"

Yes this would work Vic. An idea is to make the stack appear to the eye as being completely random and to adapt the presentation slightly.Start with the cards on top of the tarot deck and false shufffle and cut.Then deal the 13 cards face down onto the table.

From facedown top to bottom stack the thirteen cards as follows.
Two of chalices,
Ace of wands,
Eight of pentacles,
Four of wands,
Five of pentacles,
Ten of swords,
Seven of wands,
Three of swords,
Nine of swords,
Six of chalices,
King of chalices,
Queen of pentacles,
DEATH.

Then reverse the order pre-performance and place ready on top of deck. Finally place a duplicate death card at 14th position in the deck and the Knave of Chalices at 15th position.

Use a classic 'past, present, future' presentation.

First time death card is reached say that "This must just be coincidence.Let us start again to see if we can get a better future reading for you". As you say this transfer Death card to the rear of stack as you hold the stack up pointing at the death card.

The second time the death card is reached you might appear to be a little disconcerted on their behalf and say that this time "O.k I will get get rid of the Death card completely by changing it for another card". One idea might then be to openly stick the death card in the middle of the deck thus appearing to get rid of it as promised.Then double lift/turnover to briefly show the knave of chalices. Flip both cards back down and take off the top card which of course will be the duplicate death card.Place this on the bottom of the stack.

Then continue with the third phase until the death card is for the third time!.As a final touch throw each card randomnly face up one by one onto the table to show that all the cards are different with there really is only one card of fate. Smile

Andy.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Has anyone performed this effect for others? What was their reaction? Thanks
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
Yes, I have performed it. The reactions differ from laughing to seriously freaking out. I will be spending the whole weekend performing it as well. I don't like strolling magic, but unfortunantly, sometimes get stuck doing it. I like this one, because I will perform for a bit and then ask them if they want to experience something freaky. I will then leave the letter and walk off. I circle back around, generally when I hear a squeal or explanation and pick the letter back up.

I have mine set up like an email. It was sent to me from amanda@hell.com. I folded the email and put it in an envelope with the cards. I tell a little story about getting the weird email, following it and I want them to see it.

I like an effect that they can do while I walk off.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
I used to the free version of this & cannot find my copy.
Since Leaping Lizards doesn't exist anymore (and I really don't want to spend $15 for 'One'), does anyone know if the free Preview version of Amanda's Great Magic Trick is online anywhere?

Thanks
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
This is the preview. I would recommend Shane's books, they are worth it! https://web.archive.org/web/201107250908......logy.pdf
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Lucien,

THANKS a ton for that link.
Very much appreciated.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Amanda’s Great Magic Trick (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL