The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Vanishing a Person (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Does anyone know where I can get information on how to vanish a person?
Who is John Galt?
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
It all depends on exactly how you wish to vanish a person. There are countless illusions which will accomplish this, with more coming out all the time.

My best advise would be to pick up some magic books & start doing research. You will not have a difficult time learning the essential principles that are necessary to perform such an illusion.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
The simplest way is to tell everyone to close their eyes and step behind the curtain. Another way is to make a loud noise in the back and when everyone turns to look diappear.

These all have been done. Have you ever heard of a trap door?

Understanding misdirection can vanish a person. Understand the Black Art Principle can vanish a person. Understand the construction of bases like in the Illusionworks Series, or the Paul Osborn Plans all help in designing a method to vanish a person.

There are so many ways to disappear. I just want to know how to make my spam email to disappear.
Dennis Michael
magical_magician3003
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of magical_magician3003
Use a trap door.
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
Use my method if you are on stage it sounds too simple to work but it does better then any base I have seen but there are more conditions with it.

PM me for method.

Take care,
Kyle
IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
Kyle (Gracy),

I'd love to know your method.

Some of my favorite illusions to perform are appearances. And being on a low budget, combined with the desire to come up with original material, I've come up with some fun ones that are very simple and require no construction.

The appearance I'm using right now (for a short act in June) consists of me appearing atop a table that is in the middle of the stage. It's just a regular, normal kitchen table, too. The crew holds up a shiny reveal and you can see me trying to push through it - hands pressing against the material, and the cloth is dropped to show nobody's around. Raise it back again and the hands are back... whip it away and there I stand.

I used the same idea for an appearance outside... in the middle of a large open area with no trapdoors or anything to help me out. No table here, just the same stuff with the cloth but on the ground. Used that one for a video I did at Christmas.

I'd be willing to share some ideas if you would care to PM me as well.

--Jack Smile
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
Financedragon,
I know a couple of guys who can make some one disappear pretty cheap and as soon as they get out I'll give you their contact info. They're not allowed to even get mail right now.. ha-ha. Just kidding I think you should look into some illusion books. Smile
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
m.ruetz
View Profile
Veteran user
Peoria Arizona, USA
378 Posts

Profile of m.ruetz
You may want to try some of the more inexpensive illusion books out there if you are just getting started: "Tops Teasury of Illusions" or "Conjuror's Book of Stage Illusions" are around $20 or so and have a number of good ideas to get you going. Many apperances can be worked in reverse and there seem to be more illusions that produce someone rather than vanish as you usually need to bring them back at some point anyway to provide some closure....
MagicGizmo: Magic Articles, Classifieds, Videos, and more
http://magicgizmo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Vanishing a Person (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL