The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Interesting Article (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Things are just slow and might get even slower before it picks up again.This is where I come in.This is the perfect time for pitching Svengali decks to make up for that lost income. Remember you don't have to wait for the phone to ring.Just go to a flea market and you're in business.

Gman saw my pitch lecture at Denny's magic shop last June.He'll tell you this pitch works as its been around since 1936.

If anyone is interested to get into pitching Svengali decks go to:

http://www.dondriver.com

Have a good one,
Don
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
We have talked about this many times in the business section. Yes, the economy is on a down turn, but it doesn’t have to be for everyone. We need to change with the times and not be afraid to try new things.

A quote from the article:

“Canyon Country magician Tim Jennings says business is the slowest he's seen since he started performing at age 10 at the now-defunct Hocus Pocus Pizza and Magic Club in Canyon Country….A comedic magician, Jennings plans to create a Web site to drum up more magic work.”

Create a web site to drum up more work? A great plan! And if he doesn’t have a web site up till now, I’ll bet that’s a major reason why business is “the slowest he’s seen since he started performing”. That’s what I mean about changing with the times. Frankly, my business has never been better since I started performing!

This are classic 'is the glass half empty or half full' times we are going through here.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
This article is from the Los Angeles area where the Magic Castle says they are in the best financial shape ever and Magicopolis is now in it's 12th year. While it's true magicians support each other at those places, they must have huge overheads and certainly couldn't make it if a substanial amnount of normal people weren't spending money to see magic.

What Ken said is true, what business - magic or not - doesn't have a website? Many enhance their presence with with FB, Twitter, etc. Does anyone walk through the Yellow Pages anymore? I don't think so.
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Good thing those LA spots are thriving. Most of the Vegas magic shows are also hanging in but biz is slower than normal for shows in Vegas, something tells me that the same is probably true in LA.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
A web site.. why didn't I think of that! I should start on that now!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Interesting Article (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL