The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of Young Magicians! » » Joining SYM (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shortelz
View Profile
Regular user
I am proud of my
132 Posts

Profile of Shortelz
Hello. I have been doing magic for about a year now. I go to a magic shop downtown and they keep telling me to join. They gave me some handouts for information and stuff and I am probably going to join. My name is Shaun. I did my first routine performance a couple days ago at a talent show at my school. I did great. This was the first routine I ever made so it wasn't very great. I have a video that I could show you guys of it if you want and if you want I can tell you the routine... Well basically I posting to tell you I am going to join sym. And I'm also looking for tips and stuff if you can help me out. Basically I'm into card magic a lot and stage magic. Thanks Bye
afuntimevent
View Profile
New user
CT
82 Posts

Profile of afuntimevent
Hi, Shaun -

Congratulations on your first performance!

I'm happy you're planning to join the S.Y.M. If you have an S.Y.M. assembly in your area, you should definitely join it. Even if you don't have an S.Y.M. assembly close by, you will get a lot of benefit from the monthly newsletter, The Magic SYMbol. It contains interesting articles and information on how to perform and make magic tricks, performance tips, and more. Many adult members of the S.A.M. also serve as mentors to young magicians such as you, so if you have questions, you can ask them.

The biggest event coming up for the S.Y.M. is the national S.A.M. convention that will be held in Buffalo July 15-18. There are workshops and social events at the convention for S.Y.M. members, and everyone has a great time. This spring, young magicians applied to appear in the Stars of Tomorrow Show, a professional stage show at the convention. The show will feature some of the best young magicians from across the U.S. and England.

As you see, there is a lot to look forward to if you join the S.Y.M. I hope you send in your application soon!

Sincerely,

Marlene Clark
S.A.M. National Secretary
Producer, Stars of Tomorrow Show
Shortelz
View Profile
Regular user
I am proud of my
132 Posts

Profile of Shortelz
Hey again I live in Winnipeg and I believe there is an assembly near me. I have been to toad hall toys recently and they told me I shud go to the family day of magic or whatever it's called... Smile hopefully I will get my application in soon Smile
Shortelz
View Profile
Regular user
I am proud of my
132 Posts

Profile of Shortelz
Hmmm.... Is the check amarican or canadian or what type of dollars?
afuntimevent
View Profile
New user
CT
82 Posts

Profile of afuntimevent
Hi, Shaun,
The S.A.M. National Administrator Manon Rodriguez said to just send her the check, & she'll be able to figure it out.

Marlene Clark
S.A.M. National Secretary
Producer, Stars of Tomorrow Show

Quote:
On 2009-05-18 14:21, Shortelz wrote:
Hmmm.... Is the check amarican or canadian or what type of dollars?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of Young Magicians! » » Joining SYM (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL