The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » PK Ring Problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I own and use the Relic from Outlaw Effects. My PK ring had been a size 12 from the super magnet man website. Dropped the ring last week, and it broke in two.

I tried to get another size 12 from his site, but he doesn't have any. If I understand the site correctly, he's already back-ordered by 180 rings, and isn't offering any more for sale (at least not in my size). The rings normally cost $8.50... something tells me there's a magic dealer who buys out his stock. Wish I could find a super magnet man ring from such a dealer.

I ordered a Black's Magic PK Ring from Penguin because it's the only PK ring I could find in a size 12. I suspected it might be identical to the ring that broke. I received the Black's ring today. I think it's way overpriced (to the tune of $30), the finish is poor and the shape is odd (there's a visible crease all the way around the curved surface). Waste of money; this think would not pass as a wedding band, in my opinion. It looks cheap, and in terms of quality, I think it is cheap.

Anyone know where I can find a quality ring like the one I purchased from Super Magnet Man? Thanks.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Just found Super Magnet Man's phone number and left a message... we'll see what turns up.

Using a different detection method for the time being.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Wizard PK Rings. Quality is TOPS.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I agree. Wish they came in a size 12.
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
I disagree, I found the Wizard PK ring to look very "unnatural" and have rough edges. If you are looking for a nice looking PK ring, go with the Vortex. If you want an alternative, you might be interested in my gimmick, the ANY Ring PK Gimmick. I'm selling the E-Book at the moment showing how to make one in a few minutes for a couple of bucks. You can use ANY ring as a PK ring in an instant, anytime, anywhere. I'm working on a DVD project that will include two versions of the gimmick...

http://www.morfinmagic.com/Store.htm

You can read about the E-Book on the Café here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=159&84

I wear an 11 1/2 size ring and was able to get a Vortex ring in that size. That was a few years back, I believe they are still available. Check MJM:

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/

Hank
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
My suggestion would be to get a 23mm - size 14. Then take it to a Jeweler and have them custom size it. I think it would be worth the effort.

http://www.nexusmagicstore.com/wizard-pk......223.html
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
PK Ring

Two types of magnet rings are available:-

(a) Magnetized across the diameter - i.e. perpendicular to your finger.

(b) Magnetized through the thickness - i.e. in line with your finger.

One must be absolutely clear as to the type & size of ring one needs. This will depend on the application one has in mind.

For most magic applications you will need a ring that is magnetized Across the Diameter.

Note: Neodymium magnets are very brittle (including rings). Hence great care must be taken while handling such magnets - avoid dropping the magnet on hard surface.

Hope this helps! Smile

Smile

P.S.

I always use a magnet ring that is a size bigger so that the ring fits loosely on my finger. Over the magnet ring I wear my normal correct size ring. This helps keep the loosely fitting magnet ring in place.

The oversize magnet ring can be used for almost every application in magic, including detecting magnetized objects hidden in the fist of the spectator.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Hank, I think we have all been thinking of this sort of idea, or hoping someone, like you was, and after viewing your download today, you have just made life so easy for those of us who want a PK ring of our own, I just tossed my clunky poorly made gimmick and made yours, I , for some strange reason had everything in my house, so from reading this thread to downloading,finding everything and making it, now using it , took less than 30 minutes, and that included looking thru piles of junk and drying time.Graet idea.
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Dave,

Thanks for purchasing my E-Book and for the kind words. It's funny how over the years we are involved in Magic we collect all sorts of "bits & pieces" to work on effects and make gimmicks. I'm glad you found everything you needed in your house. Let me know how you like performing with the gimmick.

Hank
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » PK Ring Problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL