The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Andre kole effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shonuffpreacher
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis, IN
5 Posts

Profile of shonuffpreacher
Years ago, Brother Kole released an effect for the presentation of the gospel using three balls and two ropes. I have been searching for this to use with a sermon, to no avail. Does anyone have one of these they would be willing to part with? I am not rich (ministry, you know) but could pay a reasonable amount out of my churches allotment for such things. Thanks to all.
Grace and Peace,
Pastor Timothy Walker
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
They had them for sale on Hocus pocus look under private estate for $125.00 and it is still available.

Hope that helps

Terry
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Isn't this just the old Grandmothers Necklace trick? Seems to me you could make up one without too much trouble for a couple of bucks.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
That's what it looks like to me, but it must be a little more that that if it's running $125
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Cincinnati, OH, USA
644 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
Barry Mitchell sells a set called "Granny's Pearls". Doesn't look as nice as the Andre Cole version, but it's under $30. I bought the set from Barry but will be making my own set as soon as I create a suitable routine for me.

Wes Holly
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
When marketed it was called "Shackled Spheres." Payne is correct. It is the Grandmother's Necklace Effect. I use it to illustrate my gospel message.
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
There are many, many great routines you can use incorporating the idea behind the Grandma's Necklace effect.

I had made up one I used with big wooden blocks, some laminated cards representing various things and a cross.

Now for convenience sake many times I use a routine marketed by Seo Magic where silks escape from tied ropes inside a jar, still using the cross. The children name different sins as we tie the silks to the ropes (the ropes are humanity and God with sins coming between us) and still use the cross.

For non-Gospel shows I someitmes use the same effect in honor of the great escape artist, Harry Houdini without the cross but with a picture of Houdini.

Mike
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
I thought. Kole's effect usd 3 balls and a rod. I do not recall one with a rope from him although I have used the GM knecklace for the same illustration
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
The effect using the balls and rod came out on the market about 12 years ago. "Shackled Spheres" was the original effect put out a long time before that. One version used polyhedrons rather than balls.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Here's a link to Andre Kole's trick with the 3 balls and the rod (alternate to the ropes):

http://www.andrekoleministry.com/3-ball.html

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Andre kole effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL