The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Strange Exchange by Craig Petty (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
In this video, I perform a great effect with Coin Bags off Craig Petty's DVD, Attack Of The Bag. This is my handling of it. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olsyDN05a......nel_page

Michael Kras
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
The handling is perfect but announcing your effect kills the surprise and makes the routine seem repetitive.

When you cause the magic: your snapping and revelation of the effect is too quick: no suspense either. You are demonstrating an impossibility but you make it seem like a valueless quicky. Check Darwin Ortiz's Strong Magic (for your own good)

Finally don't let the empty bag balance at the end, it conveys a notion of weight.

All in all a very good routine with a great potential: just rewrite your script. Start with a paradox that it will demonstrate without telling what the effect will be: use a metaphor for something meaningful. Make it emotional, make us progressively getting into a signification you enjoy.
Check the 24 rules of magic from Maskelyne and Devant in Our Magic (Whit Haydn reproduced them here in the café) and rework your routine applying the principles systematically and practically one by one: you will see the attraction in your routine improve in front of your very eyes.

You're halfway there, don't stop at this stage. You can make a miracle out of this. Tell about your meshbags: what are they for real people? Why do you have two of them? What surprised you when using them? ...

Just my 2 cents
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Thank you for the excellent advice... most notably that I did not build any sort of suspense for each revelation. That's an excellent point. I also definitely agree with you on the bag swinging. Looking at it now, it really does give off the appearance of some sort of weight.

Again, thank you.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Strange Exchange by Craig Petty (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL