The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Suggestion based effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
I know theres a mentalism forum but want to see from traditional strollers etc

anyone use suggestion based effects within there strolling or table hopping repetoire, I'm not sure its a restaurant worker but in some situations it may work?
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
I do ALL the time!
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I am also interested in this.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Irfaan Kahan
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of Irfaan Kahan
I perform the old "Hand stuck to Table" bit. But I only do this perhaps once or twice a week, and then only with a woman - and then only after I have spent some time at that table and we're having a good laugh and they being thoroughly fooled.

Even then it only works just over half of the time - but because the spectator and I are "friends" at that point, we laugh off the failure together.

I tell you though, when it works it is easily the most devastating and powerful thing I can do. Sometimes the spectator will cry . . . but I've found that afterwards they are okay and are very keen to have me sit down with them and talk.

I think they cry because they get scared, but on the flip side they like me even more when I help them out of it and show them that they are fine. I think it is the power of the effect that completely overwhelms them - for when there is no explanation apart from pure magic, the spectator must surely feel her world suddenly splitting apart from the seams.

I also feel that afterwards there is an emotional connection from the woman towards me.
I'm a Magician playing the part of an Actor
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Are you talking about an effect based on pure suggestion? or something as doing a metal bending routine and using suggestion for a coin bend or something along those lines? For me I use suggestion a lot to inhance an effect such as pk/metal bending when doing walk around. Depending on the effect such as an effect based on Luke Jermays work from his building blocks book I will sometimes do it depending on how my spectator is reacting. If I'm confident I can get the subtelteys to work on them I will go for it.

Daren
Twitter @darjames
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
Every time I perform. Kenton Knepper and Luke Jermay are good starting points.
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
I'm looking at skin ben earl
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Quote:
On 2009-09-23 00:58, Barry Donovan wrote:
I'm looking at skin ben earl

you'll love it, Great effect!!!!!!

Daren
Twitter @darjames
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Suggestion based effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL