The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "The World's WORST Card Player" - Scott F. Guinn's Ten Card Poker Deal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
As you may (or may not) know, I have been going through a lot of my material, revising it, expanding it, and reformatting it. My Ten Card Poker Deal got a lot of positive responses here at The Café a few years ago. It is now a 15 page EBook, with a lot more information as to the thinking and philosophy behind the routine, the full script, and a much more pleasing and easy to read layout. Below is the ad copy for this routine and some of the things Café members have had to say about it:

The World’s WORST Card Player

This is the 10-card poker deal that is getting raves from the magic community. Lots of fun, strong presentation, and it takes the "sting" out for the audience participant.

Scott's full professional script is included. This is a very funny, entertaining routine that will endear you to the audience and make the participant look like a hero. EVERYBODY wins! 15 pages of Scott's now famous crystal clear instruction, complete with the thinking behind the routine.

Yep, this is definitely a real winner!

Level: EASY!

Scott's is the best routine I have found to make the spec the winner. I have a few different versions but I will be using Scott's. It also handles problems like who shuffles and mixes, etc. I like it. It's nice because you allow the spec to win--even when you win you lose! - John Cesta

I purchased Scott Guinn's routine. Very nice. I like it. It makes the spectator the winner, and is all around entertaining. Great deal! Thanks Scott! - rowdymagi5

Very nice, well scripted routine that can be used with just about any 10 card handling you like. - David VanVranken

Guys, take a look at this routine by Scott F. Guinn. A great routine, excellent. He didn't really need to but he even took the time go over the method and not just the presentation. Value for money = Excellent. Actual content = Awesome. For an entertaining and fair routine check this out. - Peter David Harrison

I too got Scott's version and think it's great. I highly recommend it. - Paul Churken

I got Scott's routine for Ten Card Poker deal. It's a nice touch on getting out of making the spectator the loser. It's easy to track the Jonah and there's lots of room to add more phases if you'd like. It's a pretty good deal for the price. - Greg Arce

"The World's WORST Card Player" is available as an instant download EBook for $7.50 at http://www.scottfguinn.com/cardmagic.asp (about halfway down the page).

BTW, if you bought the old manuscript, contact me with verification, and I'll let you have the new one for one dollar.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
k9dvm
View Profile
New user
Idaho
3 Posts

Profile of k9dvm
I love this trick. It's simple, entertaining and most of all it takes the sting out of some magic performances. I have always been interested in tricks that use the Jonah pricipal but I have never liked the "magic boy never loses" idea. If you are an arrogant, pompas pain in ass type performer (and sadly none of you know who you are) you should pass on this one. But, if you enjoy entertaining people and making them feel like they would like to see more of your tricks then this is the perfect effect.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Thanks Brett! I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On 2009-10-27 09:59, k9dvm wrote:
If you are an arrogant, pompas pain in ass type performer (and sadly none of you know who you are) you should pass on this one.

I'm going to pass on this one. Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

LOL!
My Lybrary Page
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Posted this in another forum but wanted to chime in here as well.

Quote:
On 2009-10-29 12:15, Mb217 wrote:
Has anybody tried this by Scott Guinn, "The World's WOrst Card Player"...It's very nicely done. Smile It's been revamped and at a steal on his website for a great take on the 10 Card Poker deal.

This is not difficult at all and plays big and is very interactive. Basically you play hands of poker with a spec in front of an audience and lose every hand, then you change the game a bit so that the losing hand is the winning hand. So now you're pretty much guaranteed to win because you're such a terrible player but wouldn't you know it, you still lose because the spec at this point has a worse hand than you. You just can't win and that's the point. Smile It's a wonderful effect, very entertaining and quite easy to do, and with it you really can't lose. Smile

*This is a download on Great Scott's site at: http://www.scottfguinn.com/cardmagic.asp

I'm mostly a coin guy but Scott's brilliance with a variety of close-up magic is addicting and gets me everytime to increase my repetoire. I highly recommend this. Man, it's just 10 cards but so much more. Smile

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=201&0
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Thanks MB! Much appreciated.
My Lybrary Page
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I am really enjoying TWWCP. The best part is being on the losing end of this routine instead of always being the winner. It's made for laughs and you get them.

Since I do table hopping I didn't want to lose a dollar each time, so instead I bet them a One Million Dollar bill to their bill. This way it costs me less to perform it and they get a souvenir to remember you.

More Guinn goodness.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Hey thanks, Alec! And great idea about the million dollar bill! I've also used lottery scratch tickets.
My Lybrary Page
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
OK I just got this from Scott's site http://www.scottfguinn.com/cardmagic.asp
I had to check this out. I usually stay away from these kinds of routines, they feel flat to me, but I love Scott's magic so I had to check it out and for $7.50 hard to pass up. Anyway, what I really like about this is how you make yourself the looser and not the spectator. You have tons of jokes just in that concept. but if you can't think of any no big deal because Scott gives you his Script with the routine. BONUS. That way you can start right away and try this out and see how it works for you, then start changing the script as you get more comfortable with the routine. Having a script in my mind is the biggest help. and worth every penny spent.
To make a long story short I've come to the dark side, I have never done this type of routine, but will now....Thanks Scott for opening my eyes to a diamond in the ruff.
Plus this routine gives you plenty of time to get to know your audience better, interact and just have fun. I like to call those kind of routine low stress, don't have to worry about any sleights, just sit back and enjoy the ride.
It's a keeper.
Recommended.
Tim Feher
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

I appreciate it, Tim! Glad you've come to the "dark side"! LOL!
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "The World's WORST Card Player" - Scott F. Guinn's Ten Card Poker Deal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL