The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Expanded Shell sets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
345 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Hi all, I am considering getting a good set of halves PLUS expanded shell for coins across etc.

Any advice before I go ahead as to whether it's better to get a good expanded half and use any old halfs I can find OR get a set of 4 or 6 halfs plus a good shell that's machine fitted together with them.

Is six halfs and a shell better than 4 halfs and a shell?

I just want to get the right product that gives me the most possibilities.

Regards Alan
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Alan,
Definitely contact Todd Lassen if you are looking to buy real silver coins and shells. Todd will give you uncirculated coins hand picked to fit perfectly with your expanded shell. This is important because coins do have minor variations in size that can cause a shell to be too loose or to stick on the coin.

If you have any doubts as to 6 or 4 coins - get 6. It is always good to get a few extra coins in case you lose one.

Click here for Todd's website: http://www.toddlassen.com
Click to visit:
The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
345 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Thanks Dan, I am just fresh from seeing your Video Streams so am a bit out of breath, forgive me.

I have contacted Todd about his Half Dollar expanded sets.
As a matter of interest, would you ever carry just an expanded shell and borrow some coins and perform OR is that just not the done thing.

Regards Alan
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I personally don't borrow coins to use with an expanded shell. I have a 1964 Kennedy Shell and a 1921 Morgan Dollar shell, and I highly doubt I could borrow either of those from someone.

If you wanted to borrow coins in the US, you would need something more ordinary like a quarter shell. I typically don't like to perform with quarters because of their smaller size.

I am not familiar with Norwegian money, it may be a better size.

When I borrow money for routines, I just don't use shells, that is when it is useful to know sleight of hand. Just last week I went on a day business trip to a trade show and forgot my coins. I made a point of getting 5 quarters. I also happened to visit a place where I picked up 5 brass washers slightly smaller than silver dollars.

I mainly did some flurry type routines with the washers, when people asked. (Many in my industry know I do magic and ask for it when they see me).

Dan
Click to visit:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Expanded Shell sets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL