The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2009 entrée: Cameron Francis » » Packet Tricks ... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

james_thecanadian_magician
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of james_thecanadian_magician
Hey Cameron,

What would you say is your favourite packet trick or packet tricks to perform? It could be your own creations, or other magicians creations.

I personally like "Dupes" and "Troublemakers". I think the reason I like Troubelmakers is because it is visual, and more importantly it's examinable.

Thanks
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thanks for the kind words.

Honestly, there are many packet effects that I really like. My current favorite is Nothing But The Truth which is a packet lie detector trick which I created and should be available next month. Aldo & Rachel Colombini produced the trick for me.

I do love packet effects. They have kind of a bad reputation and I'm not sure why. To me, there are few things as magical as using just a few cards to create a whole lot of magic. When we use a deck of cards, the deck itself is able to act as a sort of camouflage for a lot of things that go on. I think audiences are vaguely aware of this too. But you only hold a few cards in your hand and perform two or three miracles with those cards, then lay people have no where to go. There's no place to conceal anything or switch anything (so they think) in a small packet so it seems very magical.

As Phil Goldstein (aka Max Maven) states in his intro to his excellent book "Focus", "When only a small number of cards is used, it provides a simple focus." I love that.

I do think you have to be careful with packet tricks, though. If you are going to pull them out of a wallet, there needs to be a reason. If they are all blank or all Jokers, this is a great reason. Otherwise, it's best to secretly add the cards you need to the deck and pull them out when you need them. I usually like to start from a place where it makes sense for me to pull out a "special" packet of cards. Also, I wouldn't do more than one packet trick in one set.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Cameron,

There is about 3-4 People on You Tube performing your effect Nothing But The Truth was this ever in print?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I did a pre-release special for people who are on my mailing list. It included a PDF and the dvd which will ship in early December.

However, if any of you guys want to take advantage of the offer, here's the page:

http://cameron-francis.com/Nothing-But-The-Truth.php
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Thanks for the link. Just placed my order
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Wow that sounds great, cant wait to raise some money and get this.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
This trick looks amazing. Another winner, Cameron!

-Aaron
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Thank you! It gets terrific reactions from lay people.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2009 entrée: Cameron Francis » » Packet Tricks ... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL