The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Comments on Assistant's Revenge (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Starry
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
219 Posts

Profile of Starry
I'm adding an Assistant's revenge to my new act and have come up with a routine. It involves the assistant losing her dress and eventually exchanging places with an audience member. What I need is an idea that would tie this into a corporate after dinner show. Does anyone have a remark or joke that would make this trick seem appropriate?

For instance, when I do sawing a lady in half, I'm going to talk about all the recent "cut backs" in personnel. "I know that you've been told by the boss that you have to cut back T & E, and I've been told by my wife that I've got to cut back on T and A." Smile
Ace Starry - Author or THE MAGIC LIFE - A NOVEL PHILOSOPHY
http://www.starry.com/
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
I have been racking my brain to come up with what you requested. finally a few thoughts to share with you. How about talking about the constant changes for the better in a company and instead of the asst disappearing have the volunteer disappear and then the asst wherein you explain that even though it's a new and improved it could still use some trimming to meet budget then remove the costume.
This illusion is normally not done with a volunteer so I'd be interested in knowing the time frame for it. The one thing that really makes it work is the fast exchange aspect.
Good Luck with it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Comments on Assistant's Revenge (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL