The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memorized Stack Trainer (Free) (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Degio
View Profile
Regular user
It took me years to get to
152 Posts

Profile of Degio
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, Claudio wrote:
If you have any ideas on how to improve it, without sacrificing its simplicity, please let me know here or by PM.

It's fantastic as it is and I'm using it right now (in a desperate attempt) to learn the Tamariz stack.
Maybe, in addition to measuring the time for each card reveal, I would add a total time for the whole "game".
Thanks for your help and bravo!
Smile
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1947 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Thanks, Degio, for the compliment and the suggestion.

Giving the total elapsed time for the whole deck is certainly possible. Currently the app measures the time in seconds (and not in ms) as I thought that a finer granularity was not necessary. When I practice my stack (using the manual timing setting) I answer (tap) under one second and the clock still shows "00". Therefore, I would go through the whole deck in 0 seconds. Quite a feast!

Changing the clock to use ms is not a big deal though and I will certainly consider it. Would two clocks, side by side, showing current card time and the cumulative time, be a good idea, or would it be too distracting and showing the total only at the end be better?
Degio
View Profile
Regular user
It took me years to get to
152 Posts

Profile of Degio
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, Claudio wrote:
Changing the clock to use ms is not a big deal though and I will certainly consider it. Would two clocks, side by side, showing current card time and the cumulative time, be a good idea, or would it be too distracting and showing the total only at the end be better?

To be honest, anyone answering each card test in less than 1sec is not going to spend extra time to read the partial clock in millisec, so I would keep the current granularity.
I would use millisec as "internal" measure though, so you can correctly calculate the total time for a game.
In other words: the 2 variables should be both measuring partial and total times in millisec, but both should be displayed rounded into sec.
Showing the total only at the end or showing two clocks side by side are both valid options: either would work.
Many thanks for taking suggestions into consideration!
IpswichRich
View Profile
New user
MA
24 Posts

Profile of IpswichRich
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2019, Chris Aguilar wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2017, Claudio wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2017, FJR wrote:
Thank you for the notice about this app - it's really excellent.
Simple and unfussy to use with just enough 'tweakability'. The fact you can put in your own favourite stack is great (and my key use for it).

Very best,
Francis

Thanks Francis for your comment, as the author of this app, I really appreciate it Smile Do not hesitate to rate the app on Play Store.

MemDeckPro has today hit 2000 downloads Smile and still has 1200 installs. Not bad for a niche market like this one.

It’s a free and ads free standalone app.

I am trying ot learn a stack and found that Memdeck Pro to be the most complete and usable app of the many I have tried.

It's also completely free, has no ads and can be customized to use any stack. Highest recommendation. Try this one before you spend money (or are forced to watch ads) on other apps.
IpswichRich
View Profile
New user
MA
24 Posts

Profile of IpswichRich
Memorized deck helpful trainer aid /ACAAN: If you have an Amazon Alexa Echo or similar devise you can use it as a volunteer. Ask Alexa to select any card. You will get a reply. Next ask Alexa to select any random number as necessary. Again you get a reply. You now have a freely chosen card and number for location in the deck. Now you are able to work on your timing and patter at your own convenience. This has been a wonderful help for ACAAN
MysteroMagic
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of MysteroMagic
I use a cheap alternative for memorizing Mnemonica. I take an old deck of cards and write their position on the back of the card. Ex. The 4 of clubs has a 1 written on the back, the King of Hearts has a 35 written on the back and a Ace of Heart has a 51 written on the back, etc. I shuffle the cards to avoid memorizing the order versus the card. I alter reading the number of the card and then naming the card , and then seeing the card and giving the number (the position in the deck).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memorized Stack Trainer (Free) (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL