The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2010 entrée: Paul Vigil » » Voices in my head » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Hello Paul,

In another thread there was a mention of voice quality. There are a handful of voices which are iconic to me. James Earl Jones, Wilford Brimly, Max Maven, Eugene Burger, Paul Vigil, and a few others. For me it is impossible to read the writings of these people without hearing their voice speaking it.

For each their voice is both distinct and completely congruent with their personality. While most of these voices are full, sometimes booming, and command attention, V's is much the opposite. It is in this opposite that unavoidable attention is won. Your voice conveys your grace and your care for the world.

Was there ever a conscious effort to develope a "style" vocally or is it just a natural occurance of being you?

Cheers,

Tom
paulvigil
View Profile
V.I.P.
268 Posts

Profile of paulvigil
Tom,

Funny you bring this up; for if you asked me where my weakness lies I would say it's in not projecting my voice enough. I am trying, more and more, to remember to use my voice as another powerful instrument, just as important as our hands or our scripts. I want to use it more as a tool, creating timbre, peaks and valleys.

Here's to projecting to the back row!

Thank you for listening.

V
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
You know, the first time I met Armando, I expected him to have a rich Spanish accent much like Bill's father in "Kill Bill". Much to my surprise, when he spoke I was taken aback because of how much his voice matches your voice, Paul.

Tom, you're absolutely right in their vocal styling having a soft, but elegant tone. Also, both Armando and Paul are both very articulate people.

-rob

*wonders if Tom remembers Sarah*
paulvigil
View Profile
V.I.P.
268 Posts

Profile of paulvigil
Haha!

Funny, too, Armando tells me others alway know when he's been around me because he picks up on my, "ya, ya, ya."

When you have a chance ask Armando about his East L.A. vato juggling act! Hilarious. You will not believe some of the stuff he used to do (true for all of us).

V

PS. I remember Sarah! What a crazy night.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Crazy Sarah at The Station Hotel?
paulvigil
View Profile
V.I.P.
268 Posts

Profile of paulvigil
TC,

Bingo!

V
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Yes! Crazy Sarah! Hahahahaha. Crazy night, indeed!

-rob
paulvigil
View Profile
V.I.P.
268 Posts

Profile of paulvigil
All,

You had to be there...

And to those who were - lol!

Too funny.

V
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Forgot her name but I still have pics of her and a very...shall we say... disintersted Luke. Guess you'd have better reason to recall her name, Rob? Smile

That was a monumental experience.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Paul,

Another component of your "voice" is the interesting turn of phrasing which you use. For me, your word choice draws attention to exactly what it is you mean to say. I believe it draws your audience toward you and informs them that what they are going to experience is unique, and special.

:drinkup: Cheers,

Tom
paulvigil
View Profile
V.I.P.
268 Posts

Profile of paulvigil
TC,

GGG soon...

It's on.

V

PS. And Rob now, too: thanks for all the support here over the last week you two. Was nice to see a few familiar faces.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2010 entrée: Paul Vigil » » Voices in my head » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL