The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » My Plot for 8-Card Brainwave (Trost) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Hey, subtlety is about all I have left!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-06-05 16:51, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
Hey, subtlety is about all I have left!

Folks,
Don't let Scott fool you - even though he WILL fry you. He is doing a lecture tour this year, and I for one am EXTREMELY excited about seeing him and actually meeting this guy who has created killer magic Smile And Scott, nice observation on NLP Smile

I REALLY like the idea of branded cards for this effect too! People DO believe the sort of urban legend of nefarious advertisers, so I can see how this could shake them up a tad Smile Well, come on folks, we ARE magicians, a little HARMLESS "evil" never hurts.

I am ALWAYS learning something new every day in our virtual convention!!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Like the routine as well as ALL the comments. As Vlad stated, I am a huge Nick Trost fan and firmly believe that "The Card Magic of Nick Trost" is the only book you would ever need to fry anyone when doing card magic!
I also am a big fan of sublety and not sleights. Eight Card Brainwave is a good example of an easy to perform, yet blow them away packet effect from the great Nick Trost!
Great post.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Shawn Evans
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Shawn Evans
Great ideas in this thread. Thanks to everyone. I can't wait to try these touches!!
I took the Pledge

" The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." - Albert Einstein
Trent Hardcore
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Trent Hardcore
I think the idea of using a mix of Coca Cola and Pepsi (McDonalds and Hungry Jacks, KFC and Red Rooster...) cards is fantastic. As long as they were the same sizes and didn't have noticeable contrasting faces they would work beautifully.
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
181 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
Loyaleagle, since you said you wanted to work on Trost's "Matching Court Cards" effect, I would suggest looking up John Bannon's book Mega 'Wave. in it he has an effect titled "Poker pairadox" which is a reworking of the Trost effect. It's quite nice, and helps avoid the obvious cyclic nature of the original effect.
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
Quote:
On 2010-08-17 01:00, conjurormatt wrote:
Loyaleagle, since you said you wanted to work on Trost's "Matching Court Cards" effect, I would suggest looking up John Bannon's book Mega 'Wave. in it he has an effect titled "Poker pairadox" which is a reworking of the Trost effect. It's quite nice, and helps avoid the obvious cyclic nature of the original effect.

Nice tip, I love Bannon's more recent work!
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » My Plot for 8-Card Brainwave (Trost) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL