The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Court Card with Real Headshot Photo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
Somewhere I've read about a jumbo or larger court card (king or queen) with the head/face of a real person (birthday girl/boy, company president, etc.) instead of the regular card image. Does anyone have a suggestion about the best way to do this? Is there a template to create such a card?

TED
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
This was marketed some time ago, I believe by Mago Anton. He may have released it through Kevin James.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
Thanks, Pete!

I had no idea this type thing was ever marketed; and I'm not familiar with Anton. I'll do a little more research...

TED
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
I see that Anton is still selling his effect called "Magic Multimedia" where a spectator's face appears on a selected court card. It includes a CD with a template file, but it only works for standard-sized playing cards.

Anyone else know of something like this for jumb-sized or larger cards?

TED
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1178 Posts

Profile of Chris
TED, you could buy my vector designs of all 52 face cards of a standard deck http://www.lybrary.com/standard-american......036.html

These are vector graphics so they can be blown up as large as you want without loosing resolution. You will need a graphics program that understands vector graphics. I use the free Inkscape. Or you could use Adobe Illustrator. Either way, with a bit of cut and paste you can change these faces anyway you want.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
Thanks, Chris.

I'll check into that. I do have Inkscape already.

TED
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Court Card with Real Headshot Photo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL