The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Awakening vs dances with ropes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
This is one of those areas where I am proud to know both magicians and consider them valued friends. I also have both effects. It is hardly a case of one better than another but a case of transition within the show.

Both are real contributions to rope magic that belong in any working magician's tool box.

Thanks to both of you for giving us more options for entertaining audiences.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Bottom line, I didn't start this comparison. However, as far as awakening. The moves are clever but for me, its already been covered in my lecture as well. I did the similar effect in Daytona last year (just to add some additional PN moves to my other PN moves.
Any, variation to the PN will thrill a magic club. My "dances" has similar arm moves, that is laying of the ropes by the center over the arm. THAT is the only similarity other than it is in the context of doing several PN effects. Dances, has 4 distinct PN original moves as the patter discusses other magicians who do it.
Now, I built "dances with ropes" around the linking ropes. Then, I give an ungimmicked version of the same effect. The term "awakening" is a clever play against the "nightmare". I had several names for parts of my effect such as "Dream" (as one aspect was a dream).
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
266 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
Yes. I used to perform The Awakening. It offers a different take on the PN. However, I have a few other routines I am currently doing in my shows. I have to agree with a few comments that it does expose the method of PN in the demonstration part. It has bothered me. So I no longer perform this. I do like it though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Awakening vs dances with ropes (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL