The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Mindreading Goose (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
I was just looking at the advertisement for Taylor Reeds Branson Show, it has a great comical shot of him and his Mindreading Goose. http://www.taylorreed.com/
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
I just traded emails with Steve re another matter and he shared with me the best, funniest, facebook page ever. It's a Mind Reading Goose with his own page and it is absolute marketing genius. http://www.facebook.com/magicopolis#!/pa......83721762
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Greta's da bomb!
siepielski
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of siepielski
You may find this idea of interest - (My attempt to upload the Figure files as attachments did not work. If you wish to see them feel free to PM me with a good email address)

The routine follows the presentation of Spill closely for the first number revelation but instead of using a paper pad a Ipad is used to display the selections.

You will replace the miniature marker with a drawing stylus (fig 1). I obtained mine at one of those dollar stores. You can even make your own as you do not want it to work. You can use a wooden rod painted in silver and call it a stylus as you place it in the beak of the goose.

Follow Spill's routine to have a number thought of but instead of holding a paper pad you hold the Ipad. The IPAd has the Draw Pad Pro App (The IForce App may also be used for this) installed and open to a note page (fig 2). The App allows you to create several pages with drawings, words, etc on several pages. Fig. 2 is what the one I use looks like.

You go through the routine, faking the goose writing the number on the Ipad. Once your participant names the number you simply have to reach over with your thumb and touch the square on the Ipad App that matches the number named. That square will open Full page (fig 3.) and show the number. You display the number as you would if you had used the gimmick writer.

You then clear that page by touching the arrow in the upper left corner as you pretend to clear the number, which takes you back to the selection matrix. My routine for the last reveal is based on reading the mind of a participant who is thinking of a name of a famous person (previously forced). It starts with the Goose drawing a funny image of the person and ends with the name clearly displayed on the Ipad all done simply by touching the appropriate square on the Ipad.

When the Ipad is introduced I make use of a blank square on the App notebook matrix. This allows me to show the Ipad blank before I start the routine. The Ipad is also used earlier for another routine. I do this when I introduce the Ipad but before I place the stylus in the Goose's beak. I also use the larger Ipad Pro rather than the normal size Ipad and have no problem handling the Goose and Ipad. The normal sized Ipad can also be used as it is larger than the paper pad that is supplied with the routine.

This method does away with the gimmick writing. Is easily customizable and I think adds to the humorous presentation by adding the ridiculousness of a Goose using an Ipad to predict thoughts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Mindreading Goose (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL