The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Simple way to learn how to mouth inflate 260's & 160's (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I think most that use pumps wish they could mouth inflate. Here is a very simple way to learn and over a few months you WILL be inflating by mouth!

Always blow all of your round balloons and balloon sizes larger than 260's (350's 646's etc..) by mouth these are easy to blow up by mouth and will give strength to your lungs. Start doing balloon creations and sculptures in 350's and larger sizes everyday and this will really speed up the process.

Before you know it a few months (or sooner) down the line you will be blowing 260 balloons up by mouth. Then 6 months from that time you will be able to blow up 160's by mouth.

Then you will be able to blow up 2-5 260's at one single time by mouth!

that's how I learned. It will happen that quickly.
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Hmmm...Maybe first we should start a thread on the pros and cons of mouth inflating....ha
Jeff Wright
www.WrightEntertainment.biz
Voted Best Party Entertainer in Cleveland, Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Awards
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I have always found blowing 260s and 160s by mouth easy. Pumps just annoy me. But I don't think that it bothers the punters which way you do it. Its just down to preference.
Juliegel
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Juliegel
I can handle 260s without a problem but I can never get a 160 started. Once I get that first little bubble it becomes really easy but to get that bubble I need to do the sidewall suck thing. Most of the time I stick to a pump but only for the 160s.

As always,
Dylan
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Not starting a debate just helping out.
Matti Kaki
View Profile
New user
Finland - - I.B.M. Finnish Magicians Assn
84 Posts

Profile of Matti Kaki
I just purchased my first 260s and started blowing them. Well you all know how did I succeed.

In this forum there are some very useful posts telling how to manage it. But, the reason I
write this, is that I have had a big (tennis ball size or maybe bigger) umbilical hernia which
has been operated five years ago. Do you think that I still am safe to mouth blow some 260s?
Of course I should ask this from a doctor but I believe that not many know the answer because
it's not so common task to blow these kind of balloons.

I have placed an order of Qualatex pocket pump and I believe I'm going to use it most of the time.
As I am an amateur, I probably am not going to do balloons much. Actually I thought to do the
swallowing trick and not more. Perhaps I'll pre-pump the balloon few times. Is this a good idea?
docbarnes
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of docbarnes
I wish I could be a professional baseball player and I wish I could month inflate 260 balloons. I enjoy my collection of pumps and I have spent a few hundred dollars.

I can twist with the best of them, but can never make it to the pros. Laugh out loud
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
Massamaahinen,

I would not recommend mouth inflating for you. I personally have no interest in learning to mouth inflate, but would not normally discourage someone who want to spend their time that way. However, in your case, I'd recommend against it. I have heard of a few people getting injured by doing it, and the injury is always a hernia. Yes, it's extremely rare, but why risk it?

You can do the balloon swallow trick without mouth inflating the balloon.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
About ten years ago, I could only inflate them with a pump.

Then one day I arrived at an outdoor block party for a short magic show then balloon-twisting for 40-50 kids. After the show I realized I had forgotten my hand-pump at home. I had 40-50 kids who were expecting balloons...and I wanted to get paid.

That is the day I learned to mouth-inflate.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Simple way to learn how to mouth inflate 260's & 160's (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL