The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Ok I cant handle it any more! Bad magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Ok ladies and gentleman, after reviewing many post about new magic store websites to your own for magic business, I just cant handle it anymore. Id say about 90% of the websites look very homemade, which isn't very good for business or that professional looking. It not just from here other magic forums I see the exact same thing.

From 100% flash websites and intro's (both huge no no's in web design) with music you cant turn off. Websites you can find anything because the design so clutter with ads or poor layout. I could go on and on ....

Yes there a difference of just not liking a website look and a poorly designed website.

I myself am updating my website (as I've been busy with Performing and Designing).

Now as Magician and a Web Designer (yes I went to school for), I think I have a unique perspective on this.

Now I know most will say I cant afford a website..., well there a lot of talented web designers looking for clients and wont charge 1000's of dollars. Now if you cant save a few hundred dollars to get yourself a nice looking website then your not really looking to invest in yourself and being a professional performer.

If you live in a small place sure word of mouth may do fine but you should already have a some type of budget for advertisement.

I also hear a lot about cost of maintaining website... this I also don't understand as your cost should be no more then a 150 dollars a year. That's not from some cheap host either.

Ive dealt with mine for over 10 years and I only pay $129 a year and the package I get is truly insane. If I was list everything it had it just be silly.

Now I myself have had a small business sale on for the last few months as I understand the economy isn't the best right now. What I use to charge $3000 for I am now charging $500.

Im extending this sale to any magician. To give you a quick run down what this will include - Full website design
- Unlimted Bandwith
- Unlimited Web Space
- Unlimited emails (example - yourname@yourdomain.com)
- 1 year of free web hosting and only a cost of 10 a year after
This a deal that not many would be willing to give and once again this all on a professional web server with fast line and every feature imaginable.

Now if any of your are interested just pm me and we can talk. Oh and of course if interested I can show you current examples of my work Ive done for clients.

I want to make this clear also, even if your like screw you man, please go find a professional to do your website! You wont believe how having a professional looking website will increase clients!

I want to stress this is not spam and is meant as advice and help. I only want to help the trend of bad magician websites go away!

Ok everyone thank you for listening to my rant and keep a eye open for my new site, which I will post here of course for everyone to comment on...dam it better be good after this post!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Yes, it better.
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Oh trust it me it will! My site mysticmagic.net did very well and had many compliments on the design, unfortunately I had gotten very ill for awhile and couldn't keep up with it.

Wow almost 10 years later, crazy how time flies!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Ok I cant handle it any more! Bad magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL