The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2010 entrée: John Guastaferro » » Working Material » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Hi John,

Thanks for spending your time with us this week. I'm sure I speak for everyone by saying that I've learned a lot!

I wondered which tricks your typical commercial "act" consists of for, a) cocktail parties - with no table and spectators surrounding you and b) for functions where people are seated at large tables.

As you are so talented at routining your effects it would be interesting to see how you routine your material together for the above situations.

Many thanks,

AP.
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
373 Posts

Profile of JohnG
Hi Adam,

Thanks for questions. I touched a little on this topic in the Working Repertoire thread (strolling vs. formal close-up stuff), but I'd be happy to expand on this more.

Below is a strolling list, which includes choices for different scenarios, such as "standing & surrounded" vs. "Table of 10."

Minor point...but each number serves as a fun way to jog my memory (Zero means start with nothing, 2 means a two-card transpo, 3 means "Tri"-umph...etc.).

0. Truth in Advertising or
- Ballet Stunner or
- Invisible Opener (something new I'm working on where I approach with NO props and simply ask, "Can I borrow your imagination for a moment?" I produce a number of poker chips, then a deck of cards that has two rubberbands around it...so I can go into Crazy Man's Handcuffs.)

1. Ring & String or 
- Full Circle (ring & rope)

2. Two-Card Transpo (boxed or pocket or Double Monte)

3. TRI-umph (Behind the Back Triumph, Party Animal or other)

4. Palm Reader or
- Intro-verted or
- Mr. E. Takes a Stroll or
- Homage to Homing 

5. Detour or
- Constellation or
- Lost & Found or

Something like the above gives me choices along the way based on the vibe, setting, etc. I may only do two effects, or all six...depends.

Hope this helps.

John G
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2010 entrée: John Guastaferro » » Working Material » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL