The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » MagicCrafters Portal Materialization... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
Greetings...

Has anyone seen this performed? Is there a video clip available? I don't see one on MagicCrafters web site, and their video of the All-in-One isn't even working...

Does it look cheesy or cheaply made up close? I get the impression that there is a photo type print attached to some material (wood? aluminum?) to give the thing it's portal appearance... Does it look like a portal up close, or a box with photo wallpaper glued on?

Thanks,
Joe Smile
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
Are you referring to Rand Woodbury's Portal appearance illusion? Magic Makers does make a version of this. You can find some pics and video of on their website.

I'm not sure if it's paint or wallpaper. You could always call and ask them.

All the best,
Mike

Sorry I thought you were referring to Magic Crafters in Canada.

You are talking about Russ Howrtiz in Tuscon Arizona. That would be Magic Crafter's!
I miss read your post.

I am not familiar with this effect.

However I do live in Paradise Valley Arizona. If it's something your really interested in I can give him a call and see if he has one built. I could take some digital pics for you and possibly video. But only if your really interested Tempe id about 3-4 hour drive from where I live.

I suggest calling them and asking for more information.

Mike
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
It was insprired by some of DonDrakes' ideas..

I saw it up close....it doesn't look like a real portal up close..but from afar in a stage setting it looks nice....with the black art in the center.....

The canvas is mounted on wooden slats...
Ross Horwitz lives in Tucson, Az. not Tempe, Az....

He is also working on a portable Asrah presentation from an idea I used for a Halloween Show last year....it is a solid close-up miracle..in which you don't need the rafter cables to make the Asrah vanish....

It is sort of like a servant ditch of the collapsed asrah.....

He has vastly improved the Asrah Form...~rr
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » MagicCrafters Portal Materialization... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL