The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Stack Allan Ackerman Uses (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
In Las Vegas Card Expert, Allan Ackerman talks about a stack he uses in Ackerman Opener. I belive he says Tetradisic (sp?). Does anyone have more information on this stack? I think I have it figured out (he doesn't go into much detail on the video), but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance.
stache
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of stache
I can say with about 80% certainty that the stack Ackerman uses is discussed in his book Las Vegas Kardma. I hope this helps. Getting off the topic for a second I see you are from Michigan. I hope to see you at the Abbott's Get-Together in a few weeks. Happy hunting for stacks
10cardsdown
View Profile
Special user
Out There Somewhere
664 Posts

Profile of 10cardsdown
It's basically a cyclic stack arrangement. In other words, the 1st, 14th, 27th and 40th card are of the same value. The 2nd, 15th, 28th and 41st card are of the same value, etc. You can choose to have the suits in cyclical order or not. Then it's just brute memory. The uses of this set up can provide many effects. Most notably, two faro shuffles and all of the like cards are together. Hope this helps! Smile
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I have this video Las Vegas Card Expert and the card effects are very good. I can recommend it to all card lovers. This is one of my favourites in my video collection. I use several effects from this video. A. Ackerman is on of the top card guys on earth....
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
Thanks for the help and information, guys.

I agree, Kjellstrom. I just picked up the video the other day and there are a lot of very nice effects. I am now looking for his book "Here's My Card."
10cardsdown
View Profile
Special user
Out There Somewhere
664 Posts

Profile of 10cardsdown
Good luck finding that book, it's been out of print for a looooonnnnnnnng time. Smile
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
I actually just found it on a magic auction website yesterday! How lucky am I? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Stack Allan Ackerman Uses (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL