The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Alakazam Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Has anyone had problems with Alakazam?
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Define "problems", and which one? USA or UK? I don't know if they have different teams to manage all the orders or still under one team.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
The UK shop had some splendid props on sale...seriously on sale. They were classed as "stocking fillers" and weren't available through the US store. These automatically charged the VAT -- which we, as Canadians, don't have to pay. I wrote in and they wrote back to explain that I simply had to put "NoVat" in the coupon line. There was nothing on the website to indicate this. So I did...and it worked.

Then they put everything in the UK store on at a 20% discount. Since I am a big fan of quality props, I wanted to make some purchases. I found that the coupon box would not accept the NoVat heading AND the code for the 20% discount. It was one or the other. I placed the orders anyway and contacted them on the following Monday.

Since then I have explained the situation to them and Peter Nardi, who responded right away, has volunteered to refund the VAT and take steps to ensure the site is more US friendly.

I think Alakazam products and service is outstanding...and will say it is even "more outstanding-er" once I actually get the refund. Smile

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

swifthand
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of swifthand
No, I've found that they've been great. A couple of late deliveries, but on the whole pretty consistent! Didn't know that there was a US store.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
I use Alakazam (UK) frequently and have to say their customer service ans support is second to none.
Always very helpful and have quickly and promptly resolved the very few issues I have ever had with them.
You order it - they deliver it (quickly).
One of the best magic dealers around.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, absolutely true. Of course as German I order always from the UK, but service and speed are exceptional. One of my favorite dealers. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I have been remiss.

Alakazam issued a refund quite some time ago...but I forgot to post it here. Sorry, Alakazam...my sincere apologies.

David

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Alakazam Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL