The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » 3 Card Prince or 3 Card Monti (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I want to add a 3 card routine to my show. I've seen both 3 Card Monti & 3 Card Prince done on YouTube, and both look like great routines. Is there any appreciable difference in them that would sway me to choose one over the other? (Besides the cost.) I've been looking to buy either one used on the Café, figuring to go with the one that came in first, but neither seems to be available used, so I guess that I'll have to buy new. If that's the case, all things being equal, Anderson's is about 50 bucks less.
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
Have a look for Three Card Monarch, the real huge version! If you like it (or the smaller version called 3 Card Prince) then get a copy of Harry Anderons book - there he fully explains his routine and the cards used for it. With that information you could ask any graphic designer to custom design cards for you. A print shop could make them with the designs. That would give you the opportunity to customize them so that they fit your own patter.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
If you're going to make a jumbo set of Monte Cards, you should check out both the Jumbo version of the Dutch Looper and the Jumbo Ultimate Monte, both of which are described in The Wizards' Journal #17 (on my site). Templates are included for printing out the cards on your own computer printer on glossy photo card stock. Qua-Fiki made a YouTube video showing the Jumbo Ultimate Monte which is also on the site.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
wwhokie1
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
Magic warehouse has 3 Card Prince for 70 dollars, I doubt you could have them custom made for less. But if your patter required that It may be worth it.
roguewave
View Profile
New user
IL
88 Posts

Profile of roguewave
I'm looking at getting into 3 Card Monte myself. Thanks for reminding me. Maybe I'll take it jumbo once I get the hang.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Does any one have preferences also on the better of these 2 routines-

3 Card Prince by Harry Anderson which I use when and plays very strong
also Joe Montis 3 card Monte which I saw Him perform it live
and it also got a huge reaction..was a fabulous routine

Any preferences by readers in these 2 effects and if you perform them-Why etc..

I prefer Harry Anderson version as the finale with the 3 Kings plays & looks great to audiences
but having seen Joe Montis Live version at a show-It also played really well

Appreciate thoughts..
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The reason Harry Anderson's version plays well for him and Joe Monti's version plays well for him has little to do with the tricks; each performer can take any trick he enjoys performing and make it play well by careful routining and lots of practice. You're looking for a trick which will make you look good, and that's the wrong approach. Take any trick you like, work with it, play with it, adapt it and MAKE it play well because of who YOU are. If you can't do that, look in the mirror and start working on how you perform every magic trick you know how.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Thanks Jim-

appreciate the comments-very true

I agree every performer has to make each effect his own-I have worked the corporate/adult market for 15yrs
so have to have effects with my personality that work for me-I cant be a Jeff Hobson or Michael Finney...

I like to hear of reasons being-handling, ease of use,storyline,the routine readers use having dramatic impact etc
and is the Monte routines either one -a worthwhile format in some peoples shows etc...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » 3 Card Prince or 3 Card Monti (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL