The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The right move for the right time. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

armagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of armagic
Hi, I am currently working on a James Swain's Boxed B'Wave routine. I am having trouble coming up with adequate misdirection or a better sleight to use to reverse the bottom card of a four card packet. This effect is on his "Miracles With Cards" Volume 3 video. The video itself is very good, but Mr. Swain assumes that the viewers know most of the moves and doesn't fully explain everything. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Andrew Smile
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Hey Andrew. Sounds like you're looking for a half pass. Good instruction can be found on Richard Kaufman's On the Pass video as well as Card College Volume 4. If you don't have those pop on down to the local magic shop and have them show you. It's a pretty easy sleight that requires very little misdirection when done well.
Yakworld.
allanr
View Profile
New user
Houston,Tx
19 Posts

Profile of allanr
Yes, the move in the Swain book/video is a half pass. You may also want to consider the 'Christ Twist' which for me seems a little more decepetive and the square-up with the Christ Twist helps to hide the move.
armagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of armagic
Thanks, I have Card College 1-3, maybe it's finally time to move on to card college 4. Also, Allanr where can I find the Christ Twist?

Thanks for the posts guys!
Andrew Smile
cardstain
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of cardstain
You could always do Ken Krenzel's mechanical reverse. Guy Hollingworth uses this move for a couple of his routines in his book drawing room deceptions. The mechanical reverse could be perfect for reversing the bottom card without anyone noticing. Hope this helps.

lance Smile
"Here, hold my tooth."-Joseph
allanr
View Profile
New user
Houston,Tx
19 Posts

Profile of allanr
The Christ Twist is detailed in the Classic Magic of Larry Jennings on Page 98 under Royal Twist (This was a reference I remembered, but of course it is written in many other books)

Hope this helps.

The Mechanical reverse would also work but the move in context would require that you turn the whole packet over to be able to do the reverse on the lower cards. I can't recall if the Swain routine would allow you to do that.
Sanj Singh
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Sanj Singh
Check out Classic Magic of Larry Jennings for most info - Aaron Fisher has some nice tutorials on the half pass as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The right move for the right time. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL