The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Flash!!!--Girl has Blindfold Vision! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Today's New York Times, the front page of the Metro section has a report on a 12-year-old girl who has been taught by her Russian mentor to read with a blindfold on. They are already planning what to do with Randi's one million dollars. Unfortunately, the first time she was tested by Randi, Randi made her use his blindfold, and she wasn't able to perform. Her mentor complained that Randi had upset his protégé so much that she lost her power for 10 months.

Yeah, I hate when that happens.

landmark
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Smile Me to. Did they really believe Randi was just going to let her use her own blindfold, not create any test conditions, and just fork over a million bucks? Sheesh.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
Sometime people are blind for evidence. Smile

Kuffs
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
You mean the young woman is blind to how her mother is abusing her and setting her up with a reputation?

Yes, I believe anything is possible, though would like to see it demonstrated under clever testing conditions. These need not be abusive. Remember the assisted reading thing from a few years ago? The testing condition was very simple... only the reader got to see the data, the 'assistant' saw something else though did not know that. The experiment went as expected except that the writing was about things the person writing did not see... only the assistant. Sorry. I suspect a similar test design here would get the same results.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
479 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
James Randi checked out this young lady's claims last year. The results are here.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Here in Florida they are seeking child abuse charges against a "Lady' that brought a young 6 year old along with her on her "Purse Snatching" expeditions. I'm not sure who the culprit here is but a similar proceeding should apply. These children are the real losers. Bad deal!
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Flash!!!--Girl has Blindfold Vision! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL