The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Reincarnation On Stage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Interesting thoughts there I have to say. It wouldn't surprise me if we do carry memories from our ancestors. Surely that's how evolution works to a degree.

And I have always thought that we are all part of a larger single "intellegence".

Apart from Tony that is..
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
That's right, MP. I am an alternative intelligence.

We do carry genetic coding from our ancestors which help us adapt to live, but not memories of specific things. But the genetic coding is not passed on perfectly; imperfections in the copies cause mutations, and the good mutations drive evolution.
gphrenol
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of gphrenol
"You mean like the majority of scientists who used to believe in bleeding patients and the value of phrenology?"

Scientists did not consider the value of the above as they are more in the medical realm. There was nothing definite to be proved. The results of both on occasion have been found To be helpful.
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
The strongest convincer for reincarnation seems to come from a comparison with Christianity. Because according to Christianity, when a newborn baby dies right at its birth, its soul goes straight to Heaven. In other words, it did not have any chance to choose Heaven or Hell. The point is that going to Heaven has to be earned. On the other hand, in Reincarnation, the baby that dies right at its birth gets his chance to earn its entry into either Heaven or Hell from his life in his next reincarnation. In Christianity, the baby going to Heaven does not have any free will at all, but in Reincarnation he has free will.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Orville, according to mainstream Protestantism, you do not "earn" your way to heaven. 'The "payment" for you way to heaven was given to you by Christ's sacrifice. Entry to heaven is a gift from God in exchange for belief in Christ as your lord and savior.

Children are not considered capable of making the decision to accept or deny Christ, and therefore are allowed entry to heaven as being more pure than adults who can choose not to accept Christ.

Respectfully, beside learning about Christianity and it's many variations, you might also learn the difference between "incarnation" and "reincarnation," and use the appropriate term.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
It's interesting to note that reincarnation was accepted doctrine in early Christianity until the 6th Century.

http://truthorheresy.com/reincarnation-in-early-christianity
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2011-03-19 01:10, Dannydoyle wrote:
Reincarnation? What the hell... ya only live once why not give it a try?

Have to say this DID make me smile. Thankyou Danny.

Bob (ps: Yes, I will probably steal it and call it mine of course)
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Yes Bob, it is written that at The Council of Nicea (propably spelt that wrong?) reincarnation was narrowly voted out.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
There were some SECTS of early Christianity that accepted reincarnation. This was before Christianity become somewhat formalized (i.e., this is Christianity, that isn't) by the Nicean Counsel of 325 c.e. There are many doctrines that were believed by some sects that were excluded from the orthodoxy. The Spanish Inquisition was primarily Christian killing Christian over differences in doctrine, so that orthodoxy was hardly accepted by all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Reincarnation On Stage (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL