The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Melting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I have a gig this weekend and temps are predicted at the 100 degree mark. Other than drink lots of water and taking a break, does anyone have any keep cool suggestions?
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Rob,

I have a little spray bottle that I use to spray my face, neck and pulse at my wrist. Here in the U.S. you can get bandanas filled with something, you soak them in cool water and they expand and keep you cool. I love these, you tie them around your neck. I freeze my water bottle and carry it in my balloon apron, it is against my body and keeps me and my balloons cool. Stay in the shade!!! Look for a breeze. Hot weather is twice as bad for clowns as you very well know!

Also, if you have the wrist bands (sports) you can wet them and put an ice cube in at your pulse point. I hear that works great but have not tried it.

Good luck!
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Today went well. It was 102 degrees and there were lots of kids. I kept the ice water flowing and actually placed a freezer pack under my hat to help keep cool.

I did go without the makeup just for practicality's sake. In face I would have probably been known as "Heat Stroke the Magical Clown." The old skit "Dead or Alive" comes to mind. Thanks for the tips. They were quite helpful.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Melting (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL