The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Tenchi Magic Company (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Does anyone have any information concerning the history of Tenchi magic company?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
Can anyone provide any information about the Tenchi Magic Company and the tricks they had available? I believe they were similar type tricks to those put out by Tenyo and the Tricks Co of japan. I do not own any of their tricks but being a Tenyo collector, I am curious.
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
Just an update to my Tenchi Magic Co post;

I just received Tenchi's Fancy Dice that I won off the big auction site. The item was in mint condition but unfortunately, the instructions were in Japanese so I have no idea what the effect is supposed to be. I have tried a number of online translators but no luck on getting them to actually translate.
Does anyone out there have English instructions for this trick? Or, can someone advise me on how to translate the instructions to English?

Thanks,

Kirk
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Is the company you refer to the Tenichi rather than Tenchi? If so, the Ten Ichi name suggest the association with the famous Japanese Magic touring show, and I think the development of the company was written about in a Genii Magazine circa 1970 (?) when the cover story was the Magic of Japan (Cafe' member HIdeo Kato was prominently featured as I recall). This magazine coverage coincided with Dai Vernon's visit to Japan at the request of Tenkai.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
The spelling on the box is "Tenchi Magic Co."
So far I have not been able to find any information about the company on the Web.
If I can get the instruction translated, perhaps I'll know a little more.
NMC Lives
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of NMC Lives
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2011, Bill Palmer wrote:
Does anyone have any information concerning the history of Tenchi magic company?

Hi Bill,
This may be a little late, but here goes… Tenchi Magic Company products were mostly sold in Japan. The few times they did make it to the US and beyond was when Jimmy Yoshida brought them over from Hawaii. He introduced them at a P.C.A.M. Convention in the 1980's. One of the popular effects he sold out of almost instantly was an effect that had two plastic cups and the performer would magically vanish nickels from one tube to the other. Hope this opens a lead for you...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Tenchi Magic Company (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL