The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Magic elevator illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Martin - SWE
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of John Martin - SWE
Hi everyone!
I´m thinking of an magic elevator illusion but would need to know more about the illusion before buying one.
I got a video from Bill Smith and the way he uses the cabinet would work good for me on stage but not as good in traveling on tour (modern cabinet style). I seen other versions to on the net both by Doug Henning and Copperfield as well as pictures of used props listed, but are not sure of metohod.
Any suggestions? Whats the best method?
If I buy a used prop would the part for "apperence" in the cabinet (before the door/s are opened)be hard to change and made fit me?(I do not know if this is public so I will not write what part I think of, but I guess you know...)
Anything else you think I would need to know.... Tell me!

All best/John Martin
All answers are most appriciated.
Blake Alexander
View Profile
New user
Chicago
65 Posts

Profile of Blake Alexander
I will not mention method but I will say call edf magic and speak with them about it....all I can say is top quality, super expensive, but I'm sure absolutely worth the money. you can see a picture of it on their website.

B
Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
Owen Redwind makes a beautiful one that can easily be customized to any magician, It is a very large prop. Not difficult to set up and perform. I think mine was $12,000 + 2,000 for Steinmeyer + cases.
Sap4997
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Sap4997
It is a very expensive illusion and requires a good chunk of storage space. you are going to have a hard time finding a used one, not to many illusionist own one therefore there isn't many in circulation. as kendrix stated you probably wont find one under 14k.
johnmagic
View Profile
Regular user
13419 fitzhugh road austin tx 78736
107 Posts

Profile of johnmagic
I HAVE BEEN OPENING MY SHOW FOR OVER A YEAR AND A HALF ,THATS ABOUT 80 SHOWS WITH THE ELEVATOR ILLUSION IT'S A GREAT OPENER . THERE A COMBINATION OF THING TO PERFORMING THIS ILLUSION . STAGE LIGHTING IS A BIG PART AND TIMING .THE ILLUSION DOESN'T JUST WORK BY ITSELF. BUT ONCE YOU WORK IT OUT IT'S A WONDERFUL EFFECT .AND FOR THE FOOT PRINT MINIMUM 5 FEET X 5 FEET .NOW IF YOUR DOING ONE NIGHTER'S I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S WORTH IT. A WEEK GIG YES . MY ELEVATOR WAS BUILT BY BILL SMITH IT'S BEST IN THE WORLD .P S. IT BEATS WALKING OUT ON STAGE .HOPE THIS HELPS JOHN MAGIC wwwmagicstheater.com
MagicByRy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of MagicByRy
Http://illusionprojects.net/site/?page_id=897

Tim Clothier makes one. His stuff is great!
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
This will sound sort of stupid, but you need to know the workings of the one you want to purchase before you buy, because the principle involved could determine how many assistants you will need to present it. I know that Tim Clothier's version, Doug Henning's version, and David Copperfield's version all differ in method.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Greg Frewin came to and got mine from Myrtle Beach. I don't know if he is still opening with it or not. You might want to get in contact with him.

Bairefoot
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I've been researching this illusion lately... if anyone has any photos / video of various versions of this effect and would like to share either public or private through e-mail I would be very interested.
There's a lot of really neat designs and they vary greatly in size (and method of course).
john magic wright
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of john magic wright
Well my last post was encouraging about the elevator .But for the price and the time involved moving it setting it up I don’t think it’s worth it.A$10,000 illusion you would think the audience would gasp .No they just go OK and clap a little. I designed something better it involves a mirror it involves rotating it’s a better mystery.It gets a lot better reaction the concept is not new but it looks new . you could always PM me if you’re interested .Now if you can get an elevator at a very good price and you have a couple strong friends that don’t mind helping you .you buy a lot of pizza and beer. Then get a elevator.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Magic elevator illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL