The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Red flagging other members? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
I wanted to find out if there is an area on the Café where I could post a warning to members not to deal with a certain member, because of a bad business dealing I had with them. All details would be exposed, and emails would be available upon request.

I do not want to slag his/her reputation, just to let others know that he/she cannot be trusted to complete business dealings with regards to buying/selling/paying.

Is this allowed, and, if so, in what area?

R. Lee Davis
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
No, you cannot make a post like this. Such a post would be based on your experience which could be an isolated incident and thus damage the reputation of an otherwise good member. Let's make a deal is a buyer beware section and members interested in conducting transactions in that area should do a certain amount of research to protect themselves.

Correspondence, whether PM's or emails are private issues between you and another member and should not be made public. Even if what you posted were true, the topic such as this could quickly result in an argument or flaming posts which is against the rules.
Where the magic begins
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Thank you for letting me know - although I am still trying to resolve the issues, and get him/her to live up to their agreement/promise, I will not flame them on the forum.

Lee
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If there is a member that you have made a deal with or to whom you have paid money and you haven't gotten your purchase in a timely fashion, just let them know that you will reluctantly report them to the postal authorities if necessary to get the transaction completed.

There have been a handful of people who have been real stinkers about filling orders. Most of them are on the up and up, though.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Red flagging other members? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL