The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Canada Switching To Polymer Bills (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2012-02-16 11:04, Al Angello wrote:
A steam iron on a plastic bill sounds like you will wind up with a charred shrunken, or worse yet liquid bill to me. With those windows you can't do Hundy 500 either.

One thing to try is to put a cloth between the iron and the bill. It may improve the results.
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
279 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
As a Canadian I can offer some insights. These bills are now in full circulation. denominations are now 5,10, 20, 50, and 100. 1s and 2s were replaced long ago by coins. There are still a few paper bills floating around but they are disappearing fast.

The bills do not respond well to heat, they curl, wrinkle and shrink. They do not fold well and cannot really be torn. So most tricks involving money in Canada need to be rethought. So far, for me the bills work great for the bill and paper clip trick, and the bill rolling trick (they don't tear and the different colour bills make the change more striking)
Lou Is
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Lou Is
That they don't fold is really inconvenient. Need an elastic to hold them in place. ALL Canadian bills are this way now.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I'm proud to be an American!
Reality is a real killjoy.
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
325 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
No kidding, but it may be a matter of time. Horde the paper!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Canada Switching To Polymer Bills (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL