The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Pewter Shells (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
http://cgi.ebay.com/TOWLE-PEWTER-WALNUT-......5e7ed6ba

I have a set of these and they are quite nice. They are not made for magicians but are instead designed for collectors of pewter and, as such, have no dip or notch. However, they work very well none the less. They are far superior to many magician's shell game sets.

If you are a collector, you need a set of these.
Fizzban Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
and Jedi Knight
204 Posts

Profile of Fizzban Magic
Those are nice, I think the dip is mainly used for the kick steal is it not? I think with a set of perfect peas from SfS they would work just great! How are they for grip though? Easy to pick up?

James.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
REAL easy to pick up. They have little indents in the side that are thumb and finger sized.

I'll post a couple of pics of my set....
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Aren't you AUSTRALIAS honest con men? I wonder because the item is located in the United States?!?!?
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I'm not selling them myself.

I just like them and would like to see them in the hands of someone who would appreciate them.
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
GOTCHA! My mistake. Thanks. Smile

I had the luck to get some of those shells a few weeks ago on ebay. But I just paid US $4,99. Smile
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
I have a set of Pewter shells put out by Jerry Mentzer in the '70s that look very similar to those ebay shells. But the Mentzer shells have a Chanin dip; it's small, but it's there.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I tried for them but was outbid. Smile
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Pity!

I got a set of this at the same time as I got a set of Magic Maker's Golden Shells.

These pewter shells, designed and produced by a NON magicians, are infinitely superior in every way!
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
I've got a set and they are quite good! (For a set not produced for our use...)
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
vanp8
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of vanp8
I am impatiently waiting for my Towle shells to arrive so I can try them out. NJJ I had seen a set years ago but didn't get them thinking they would be inferior. But after reading your recommendation I will try these out for $18.75. Someone said they maybe too heavy. I will see on Thursday.
Steadyhands
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Steadyhands
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2018, vanp8 wrote:
I am impatiently waiting for my Towle shells to arrive so I can try them out. NJJ I had seen a set years ago but didn't get them thinking they would be inferior. But after reading your recommendation I will try these out for $18.75. Someone said they maybe too heavy. I will see on Thursday.

Did they arrive? What do you think about them?
vanp8
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of vanp8
I like them. I got some kd peas to use with them. I am just starting to learn. I like the look of the shells. Steadyhands thanks for the interest. Any tips appreciated. I also could not find anything on the konigswalder shells you referenced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Pewter Shells (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL