The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Business Card Print Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
Howdy,

Any recommended moves for making a blank card suddenly become our business card?

Two colleagues have showed me moves - they don't seem to quite work. I'm also not clear on the forum about devulging vs. attributing - are we not allowed to discuss in detail any "named" effect?

Thanks,
ATPG
------------

We could have been practicing!
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
There is one on the VHS/or dvd Magic with everyday objects from Hamton Ridge. doesn't require anything special, other than a modified paddle move and it looks very real.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
Yea i don't want to give the secret away but its a paddle move like king said and i saw it a long time ago when i bought the everyday object by Hampton Ridge. After you do the paddle move you could do the Vernon through the fist move to "print it."
T.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

What's the Vernon move?

ATPG
------------

KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
You need the video. It is kind of funny that its a beginers video, and some of the effects have still worked over working pros. I would say get the hampton money magic vid as well. Never watched the card one, and ended up trading it in a deal for some coins.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
Not sure if I am allowed giving away the secret on here... but its on the Magic with Everyday Objects video its got alot of tricks i would never use but the paddle move to show both sides is on there. The Vernon through the fist is on there too i believe. Or you could just place the card on THEIR hand blank side up and have them place their other hand on top and then be like here move you hands here so everyone can see, and as you do this turn their hands over as you move their hands to the left (or right) then they take their top hand off and the card is printed.
TJ
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Check out the Carlyle move in Bruce Elliot's Classic Secrets of Magic.

If we ever cross paths, be sure to ask me to show you my variations.

Regards,

Paul Green
Tspall
View Profile
Regular user
Lumberton, NC
147 Posts

Profile of Tspall
If you're wokring with a small stack of business cards, then using a DL could be a simple way of accomplishing this.
Smile
Tony
"It's showtime!!"
My magic blog:
http://ahora_mismo.blogspot.com/
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Michel Ammar has a neat way of "printing" a buissnis card. It can be found on his "Magic, Mastery and You" video tape. I also use Ed Marlos snap change to produce my card.

Jonas Karlsson
Vibono Magic
Sweden
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have an easy way.

I put my business cards in my wallet face down except the one on the bottom is face up.

When I bring them out, I do a flushtration count with a few, showing both sides blank and then I do Vernon's (I think it's Vernon's) thru the hand flourish "thingy" and viola, they are now printed.

Hand one out! (Don't forget that part)

Cut at the break, and put them back in your wallet.

If I really want the gig, I light one of them on fire with a borrowed lighter and I throw it in the air. Then I scream FIRE! and run up and down the halls like that until they finally give me the job.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

Frank, I found the flushtration in the "Counts, Cuts, Moves, and Subtlety" book, but can you poke around and find out the name and "how to" of the Vernon move?

Thanks,
ATPG
------------

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Fred Kaps would show a group of blank cards, then he would sign his name and sometimes put a phone number on one card...

Then he would do a standard "Wild Card" and turn them all into the same card.

He showed this to Frank Garcia, who then put it in print without permission or credit... argh...

Smile Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Ricahato
View Profile
Regular user
denver
113 Posts

Profile of Ricahato
There is a variation showed on one of the ellusionist videos, I think is on the street magic one. he explains the moves very clearly.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2003-09-04 17:09, Frank Starsini wrote:
I have an easy way.

I put my business cards in my wallet face down except the one on the bottom is face up.

When I bring them out, I do a flushtration count with a few, showing both sides blank and then I do Vernon's (I think it's Vernon's) thru the hand flourish "thingy" and viola, they are now printed.

Hand one out! (Don't forget that part)

Cut at the break, and put them back in your wallet.

Surprisingly (?), I've been doing the same thing for years.

Frank's a genius.

;)

Vernon's through-the-fist flourish is explained in, among other places, Bannon's Smoke and Mirrors, Stranger's Gallery.

I usually do the TTF once showing the same (unprinted) side, remark that I forgot the "magical gesture", do the gesture, then do it again to show the printed side.
mithrius
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
127 Posts

Profile of mithrius
Is the Vernon move the same as the Ammar move? For the life of me I can't think of where I learned the Ammar move. It's basically a simplified paddle move...but executed with the right pace, very deceptive.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
It's a move commonly used with color-changing knives: done one way the knife remains the original color; done another way the knife changes color.
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

Is there no difference between the Vernon paddle move and the garden-variety move, S2000?

ATPG
------------

S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
The Vernon move isn't a paddle move, per se, but it can accomplish the same effect as a paddle move.
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

Hmmm. When does the audience see both sides of the card to show that it's blank (when really it's printed on one side)?

ATPG
------------

S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I sent you a PM with the details; I want to avoid disclosing too much here in public.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Business Card Print Trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL