The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Magicians Against Exposure (also WAM) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Hi, Did any of you get an e-mail early August from a "magiciansagainstexposure@hotmail.com"? The e-mail alleged the TV programme shown presumably in the UK on August 2, "Secrets of Magic" was made with the help of members of The Magic Circle and Inner Magic Circle. Now which "Magic Circle" or "Inner Magic Circle" I don't know, so I think we'd better be careful on this one. The e-mail asked the recipients to make comments on exposure in general, which I was glad to do. A follow up e-mail days later stated that comments had been passed on to a "Rob Cox and Christopher Pratt" at the Magic Circle, but Mr. Cox had refused to comment on the allegations without "magiciansagainstexposure" identifying themselves. I can only guess that this is a UK only mailing, but if anyone else got this e-mail or knows who the originators are maybe we could share information here. Also anyone know who Cox and Pratt are? Both e-mails have been stored by me. Incidentally if Steve or anyone at the Magic Café wish to know more, I also recently found a WAM - World Alliance of Magicians website which on the face of it claims to support ethics in magic and are against exposure. The site has some amusing pictures of The Masked Magician being confronted for the first time. Anyone know more about these guys at WAM?
Vasilis
View Profile
Regular user
Greece
146 Posts

Profile of Vasilis
There is a large debate about your topic in magicbunny forums. The address is www.magicbunny.co.uk/phpBB2/ click on General Magic Discussion, go to page 2 and find the topic titled "Magicians against exposure?"

Hope it helps you...
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Hey Vasilis, you've gone and got me joining yet ANOTHER forum. Found Peter Marucci in there too!! Although Magic is only a small part of our entertainment, I do feel strongly about 'exposure' as I feel it serves no purpose. But maybe some guys overreact and imagine that EVERYONE they perform for has been watching 'Secrets' on TV! When you see the apparent unscathed survival of companies, products, and services that have been 'hit' by bad consumer reports on TV, I think this acts to get things into perspective, as viewers attention span and memories are very short. The art of Magic will continue probably long after Fox TV has bitten the dust!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Magicians Against Exposure (also WAM) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL