The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2011 entrée: Gregory Wilson » » A Gregory Wilson Book? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Hi Greg,

To the best of my knowledge, you've never put out a book of your work.
Please correctly if I'm wrong.

Have you ever consider releasing or have plans to release a large book of your work?

Craig
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Yea Greg, what the hell? Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Give him hell Steve.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Gregory Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
87 Posts

Profile of Gregory Wilson
I know. I know.

Here's the deal: Since I'm craaaaaaaaaaazy busy with my schedule, I've decided to write a monthly column for Stan, forcing an outside-imposed deadline. And, at the end of the year I will have 12 tricks, bringing me 1/3 to 1/4 of the way to a finished hardback. That said, I've got about eight books in my head and computer that need to get dragged out. Since I'm very German on my mom's side, I need to compartmentalize my thinking into rigid categories. This means that I'll put on one book at a time devoted to a particular subject matter: One would be impromptu coffee magic. One would be general impromptu. One would be all cards. Then all coins. Then all paper money.

Each treatise will have about 30-40 original ideas that I've been using over a 30-year period. Again, where does the time go???

By the way, I did write a booklet in 1996 that uses the Out-To-Lunch principle, called The Stockholder. Does that count? : )
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Quote:
On 2011-09-28 23:46, Gregory Wilson wrote:
By the way, I did write a booklet in 1996 that uses the Out-To-Lunch principle, called The Stockholder. Does that count? : )

It counts. And now I have to go find my copy. The Stockholder has sat in my close-up case for the past three years untouched. I used to use it all the time, I don't know what happened! Time to bring it back.
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
The Stock Holder Is a great utility device that is perfect for out to lunch effects. I love mine and the booklet that came with it, perfect for giving out business cards in a magical way without saying here have my card.l You just add the effect into your routine.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2011-09-28 23:46, Gregory Wilson wrote:
I know. I know.

Here's the deal: Since I'm craaaaaaaaaaazy busy with my schedule, I've decided to write a monthly column for Stan, forcing an outside-imposed deadline. And, at the end of the year I will have 12 tricks, bringing me 1/3 to 1/4 of the way to a finished hardback. That said, I've got about eight books in my head and computer that need to get dragged out. Since I'm very German on my mom's side, I need to compartmentalize my thinking into rigid categories. This means that I'll put on one book at a time devoted to a particular subject matter: One would be impromptu coffee magic. One would be general impromptu. One would be all cards. Then all coins. Then all paper money.

Each treatise will have about 30-40 original ideas that I've been using over a 30-year period. Again, where does the time go???

I'd forgotten about the Stockholder book and I have it.

Don't make us wait too long Greg.
– Karl Germain
Magictwicks
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Magictwicks
The StockHolder... hmmm. that's kind of a clever name.
Gregory Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
87 Posts

LOL Mr. Wicks.

Doug is the one who gets credit for naming the book/wallet/trick. The original name was The Undercover Wallet, since I'm a self-deluded wannabe secret agent. Apparently, he is very persuasive.

Wow, Doug, you have an entire 4 posts with The Café. When you get to be a veteran like me (with 46 posts) then I'll let you name my next project.

Wait a minute, I think you did name that one, as well. You're apparently the real secret agent in this partnership.
jvickers
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of jvickers
I´d love to see a Greg Wilson book. Call it Greg Wilson´s Complete Course on Magic Smile
Gregory Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
87 Posts

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2011 entrée: Gregory Wilson » » A Gregory Wilson Book? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL