The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2011 entrée: Gregory Wilson » » Deceiving vs. deception » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Hello Greg,

I've not been able to enjoy televised magic for quite some time, probably not since the Doug Henning specials. There used to be a time when the televised audience and the live audience were actually watching the same stuff, albeit from slightly different angles. When the magic maker said "What you see at home is exactly what you would see while sitting here in the front row", it was the 99.99% true. But at least there weren't any re-sets, or do-overs, 50 stooges occupying the front rows or 30 stooges on stage at a time, 60-minute time edits -- or other outright deceptions going on.

Any opinions you can share with us along these lines?
Gregory Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
87 Posts

Profile of Gregory Wilson
Wow, this is a long and loaded subject. So, I'll just keep it simple: For me, the real magic is for some of these new TV magicians is to convince the audience that they have real skill and talent.
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Magic is best when watched live... any recorded performance is suspect,in the mind of any intelligent spectator (without the 99.99% proviso noted above)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2011 entrée: Gregory Wilson » » Deceiving vs. deception » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL