The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Changing email address error message (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
I am trying to change my email address and get this message;
"Sorry, the email host address you entered is currently blocked."
Could you please advise.
Thanks
Ed
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I don't want to jump in on the managements' business, but maybe you'll read this message before they have a chance to respond.

Certain free email services are blocked by the Café. AOL, for example. (Perhaps there is a list somewhere?) Anyway, the secret is to use an email host that is not one of the widely available free ones. If you are afraid of using a private email address, you can choose to hide it from the public. And you can take it from a veteran user like me that you will not receive SPAM from the Magic Café, so you can use your business email address without worry.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
There is no list available or necessary for blocked email. No free servers are allowed. Those include yahoo, gmail and hotmail.
Where the magic begins
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Right.

The important thing to reiterate is this: there is absolutely no danger in using a private email address. I have never received any email whatsoever from the Café, nor from any third party that I thought might have got my email address from the Café.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Also, most of the ISPs I’m aware of allow additional addresses at no extra cost. Mine (Comcast) allows seven separate email accounts. You could have one JUST for the Café, if you wanted. To combat spam, I have one I specifically change (ie. Abc2011@xyz.net) every year, just for those sites that offer freebies, but want your info first. Even if I get on somebody’s spam list, when it changes to Abc2012 I’m clean again. Could do that even more often, if you’re really concerned.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Changing email address error message (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL