The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Lou Serrano Marketing Course - An Honest Review (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
francis farrell
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of francis farrell
OK, I have an update.Since following Lou's advice I have seen an increase in my bookings. However, until today I couldn't say for certainty they were due to the course (though I suspect they were). I have had a booking now where the client specifically referred to something Lou had advised that led him to book me. The booking fee is more than the course, so now I have at the very least more than covered my costs. In fact, I am very pleased with the advice given and feel I shall be continuing to grow my business. I can't say exactly what the advice was beyond it being somehtign that came up in the phone call.
nabil
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of nabil
Don't know if I left any feedback yet on this course, but I came back to the Café today after a LONG absence to post in Tricky Business and saw this thread.

Lou's course is fantastic!!! It's made for the "gigging" performer in mind, with Lou spelling out exactly what he does to get so many high paying gigs and repeat clients.

I'm a big believer in mining for knowledge, even if the lesson wasn't made exactly for your goals. When I bought the course my goal was to STOP doing gigs. But I wanted Lou's blueprint for success in the gigging market because I felt there could be a few pieces of gold that could apply to my goals...and there was TONS of valuable advice and inspiration that definitely was a part of helping me achieve my goal (get a space in a nice resort and build my own theater to perform in).

So I would say that if you want higher paying gigs and more of them, get the course. But if you have other goal in mind...get the course!
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Wow! Lots of activity on this post from 6 years ago.

My update from a couple of years ago I still stand by; this is a great course, and the time when I bought it I was still in college and learning. When I got into the field, much of what I wanted to do was altered based on where I moved, but the core never changed.

Looking back, had I known I would have moved to a smaller city than one of the big three, there were some other perspectives that would have been helpful to my personal situation. But, that's the kind of thing you don't know until you get there. And, much of what I do now isn't necessarily location based, but based upon my market. All evolving things that one figures out as they go.

The fundamentals of Lou's course still work and the root of what I do. I think everyone needs a solid showbiz course, along side other business materials. And, its important to always be improving yourself. I still am reading a book everyday of my life. Lou's course stays close by and kept as a reference, and it was money well worth investing in.

Since journeying out into the world I've come to specialize in corporate, have done TV commercials, performed for 2500 seat theaters, fooled celebrities, and much more. Its been a fulfilling career, one where I feel like I have a lifetime packed into just a few short years. One of the best ways to gain success, is to build upon the success of others. Thanks to Lou I had a great foundation to make that a reality. Rock on all, hope you have a great 2018
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Thanks for all the feedback guys! I appreciate you chiming in and sharing your thoughts on my program.

Wishing you all an amazing 2018!

Lou Serrano
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Thanks for these reviews. I've been looking to boost my entrepreneurial game (because I am quite bad at it) and this looks like a good place to start.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
francis farrell
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of francis farrell
Another update. Once again, I have to be circumspect about what I say because it's not fair to give away the contents of the course. However, I can say this. Last week I was in a situation where I wasn't sure about taking a certain job. Then I remembered something that was in the course where Lou was in almost the same situation. I decided to do what he did and ended up with an engagement that has paid me more than I have ever been paid for a magic gig before and easily pays for the course many times over.

Now, the advice was not one of the secrets of marketing which is the bulk of the course. It was from some general advice the book contains. And, I'm not saying that the advice is unique. One might read it elsewhere., But for me it was in Lou's book that I read it...and by following the advice I have landed a great gig with the possibility of more work with the company to follow.
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Under Promise, Over Deliver.

Those four words summarize this course and all my interactions with Lou Serrano.

Lou provides so many insights, from real-world situations, that most certainly some of them will apply to your own situation. If successful implementation of only one recommendation results in only a 5% or 10% increase in your win rate, what is that value? Remember your win-rate increase can potentially stay with you for many years!

Within days of receiving Lou's informative material, I started taking actions that I believe will make a difference in my business. It is too soon for me to quantify the value of Lou's course, but qualitatively I am happy with the value I received and believe that value far exceeds the cost of the course.

One technique I've found to help me out is an accountability partner. Every week three of us (all magicians) have a call to discuss what we've done in the past week. Really helps to drive actions -- you don't want to show up on the call with nothing to say! The added benefit of a coach like Lou, is the ideas you are working on have a track record of success with Lou and his other clients.

Highly recommended.

Hudson
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
It's been two weeks since my initial post on Lou's course. I've already recouped the cost of the course through specific actions I took as a direct result of Lou's ideas and encouragement.

And I still have a list of actions I am working on.

Thanks Lou!

Hudson
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
I recently purchased Lou's course and today was the day for my scheduled 60 minute consultation call. Well let me tell you. We went over an hour. Lou is very unselfish and he wants to make sure he covers everything. We had a great call.
He answered specific questions I had and went over my website. I didn't realize my site needed so much work. But Lou pointed out some things that will definitely make it more effective. I'm looking forward to making the changes that he suggested for my business. I took 5 pages of notes while on the call. Lou not only talks the talk. He walks the walk. I would recommend this course to anyone. Beginner or pro. Thank you Lou.

David Lawrence
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
David,

This was overdue, but thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your comments. I’m wishing you much success in your journey!

Respectfully,

Lou Serrano
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Lou Serrano Marketing Course - An Honest Review (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL