The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Double faced deck. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I just purchased such a deck and noticed that although each side was different (apart from 8) there still remains a pattern. For instance, if you present the deck in new deck order and you then spread the other side, the deck is in reverse deck order. I was kind of hoping to have the cards random on the other side with no discernible pattern. Is this the only way this deck is printed? Or are there others out there that are printed randomly?
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Try Cardmaker? (on this forum, but custom orders might be steep for 52 cards)

I've noticed the same thing.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Thanks. Yes very expensive. I am trying to think of effects that use many double facers such as strange travellers. These are custom made and random. Anymore out there anyone can think of?
slim23
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of slim23
If you want a couple of cards, you can ask Martini to make them for you.
He does a good job and great business. I needed different cards on one side but all the 9D on the others and he made them for me.

here's his website but I would try email him.

http://www.martinismagic.com/

Slim
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
What is it your using the double face cards for?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Card Shark is on the case, thanks all. I just find it crazy that the stock version of the double facers are printed in such a way that if you spread the deck in new order you will find the same the other side, but reversed.
rogerpierre
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of rogerpierre
I always thought the idea was so that you could know which card was on the other side.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Double faced deck. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL