The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » The Cobra Likes Bud Light! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Malakaneekeenai
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Malakaneekeenai
Guess what? I'm going to be hosting a battle on handlordz quite possibly this week! my very first!
"Try not to conform to the way others see you as, carve your own path"-Muah
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Yeah Yahu, that is a good point.

But I mean as in doing the individual move. Smile

But if you are doing a cobra, aerials, cuts, table cuts and whatever that doesn't need a slippery or powdered deck, Bud light works well. And if you don't got the cards, I'm sure pouring some bud light over the cards would make them rather sticky as well. Smile

And congrats Malakaneekeenai, do your best.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Quote:
On 2005-05-24 17:31, Bill Hallahan wrote:
Congratulations on completing the Cobra Cut, Jordini!

That looks extremely difficult. Things that look easy are often difficult. Things that look difficult are usually almost impossible!

How long did it take you to learn that practicing how much each day?

I think I can better answer your question, because I just finished it…. Of course finish is hard to describe, I still need practice.

When I first saw the cobra done…I think devo’s trailer on HL… months ago… I couldn’t do squat… maybe attempted to NO success.

After watching all the Round 1 (One hand Cut) videos on HL,… I tried it again… It took me 5 minutes to get “Into Position” It was very hard to balance and impossible to catch.
I maybe spent 30 minutes on it.

After making a deck, I practiced another 30 minutes and still could catch the packet… if I did it was shear luck.

Maybe another 15 minutes, I reliazed my major problem. I practiced that with a real deck and can do that about 90% of the time. (call that another 30 mins)

So I went back to the packets and tried back for the real deal, still had trouble After another 30-45 minutes I finally figured out what to do. Another 30 minutes of practice and I can now do it with an older Bike Deck 9 cards shy of 52.

So that’s my progress thus far. I think that is a total of 2.5 hours of practice. But you know it’s spaced out here and there… I'm hoping with another 2.5 hours I can nail it with a nice new slippery deck. I hate the aerials cause you can’t really practice them while watching a movie or something.
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
Quote:
On 2005-05-25 17:21, Jordini wrote:
Yeah, this was SOooooooooo two years ago, I don't know um, why this thread suddenly popped up out of nowhere.
I still REALLY don't know why this thread suddenly popped up out of nowhere, but I can assure you, I posted this WAAAAAAAAAayyyyyyyyyy back when I just started getting into flourishes. I can however assure ya'll, that I've come quite a long way since then.

One of the board spammers of the past few days spammed this thread with a URL, which brought it to the top.
The Presitidigitationist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » The Cobra Likes Bud Light! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL