The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Paul Daniels cardboard box levitation (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RyanDicharry
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of RyanDicharry
Does anyone know if Paul Daniel's box levitation is still available for sell? I have tried emailing him and tried emailing his sons magic/costume shop as well with no reply.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ryan
RyanDicharry
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of RyanDicharry
Already tried emailing them with no reply either.

Ryan
RyanDicharry
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of RyanDicharry
Thanks for the replys. I decided on the Magellan Master Levitation for now. Any one with first hand knowlege of both want to chime in on the different aspects of each in the spectators eyes.
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
I have both the Magellan and the Box levitation. If you have not made your purchase, I can answer questions for you.

Charlie
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
nbl
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of nbl
Mister illusion, which one do you recommend..
magoulloa
View Profile
New user
Miami, FL USA
5 Posts

Profile of magoulloa
Does anyone know if Paul Daniel's box levitation is still available for sell? I have tried to check in http://www.magicandfancydress.com and the website is not working?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Paul Daniels has passed away. I have not read anything concerning Debbie MaGee or his estate matters. You might contact the Magic Circle in London, England and see if they can give you any information. They are helpful.

Debbie MaGee has a website, you might see if you can contact her through her agent.

http://debbiemcgee.co.uk/
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Or contact Nick Einhorn. He created the effect and was talking about getting an updated version produced. Not sure if it's still a project in the pipeline or if he's got them made.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Paul’s version is totally different in method to Nick’s. I’ve owned both.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Hi MickNZ, Yes, the methods of Pauls version and Nicks original are different...to my mind Paul's is more, 'a variation', than 'totally different', but that I guess will depend on your point of view.

But either way, the effect, using either Nick's original working or Paul's variation/different method, is exactly the same for the audience. They appear to be, in every aspect, indistinguishable from each other. So if Ryan is interested in the effect, (as opposed to a specific working of the effect) Nick's is a very viable option. And being aware of this increases his possibility of finding the effect if he has to go down the 'previously owned' route.

I actually prefer Nick's original.

Nick also has some very nice moments with the handling of the cloth that add hugely to the illusion.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
After viewing Nick Einhorn version 3 on his website, I would say this is an excellent one man levitation illusion for roughly $1,200.00.

I think it is better then Paul Daniel's version that use to be on his websites.
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
I've owned both and prefer Nick's version.

Lou
raw36
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of raw36
I was going to get Paul's one and was in contact about it but then he passed away and the website was shut down. Did not know someone else had another version thanks for the info.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
MisterIllusion has a point. I would definitely check that out.

Jimmy
www.magellanlevitation.com
raw36
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of raw36
Thanks for the Link Jimmy.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Think outside of the box
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Are there plans available for Paul Daniel's Box Levitation?
Mattillusion
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Mattillusion
I have a Paul Daniels Box Levitation that was going to be used for a custom show that was cancelled. Like New. US only. Send me a PM with interest.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
U.F. Grant's 1965 "Uncanny Self-Levitation" is the basis for Spellbinder's "Vampire Levitation", which can also be used for a simple (No Vampires Needed!) self-levitation similar to the modern day versions by Paul Daniels and Nick Einhorn, but for a cost of about $50 total to make it yourself. Directions are in The Wizards' Journal #17-11.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Paul Daniels cardboard box levitation (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL