The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Best dvd's teaching flourishes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jamesbond
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of jamesbond
Any ideas just wanted to learn some cool flourishes in general any tips on getting some dvd's in this area?

thanks!
bond
Magic-Scott
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Magic-Scott
I like the Jeff McBride - The Art of Card Manipulation series
Suren
View Profile
Veteran user
Armenia
314 Posts

Profile of Suren
Depends on your skill level.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
The McBride videos are excellent.

Does anyone know if the card manipulation instructional videos starring Lou Lancaster were ever released on DVD--or who currently has the rights to them? The production values left a little to be desired, but I thought the content of the Lancaster videos was very good. The one I have is called "Video Magic Tricks of the Trade--A Professional Look at Card & Coin Flourishes." I bought that copy personally from Lou and had him autograph it when he worked at a magic shop in Norfolk, Virginia. I think Lou must have produced this video on his own, as I do not see any magic company's name associated with it on the cover of the tape.

Lou also produced a couple of videos for the International Magic Society and you can find them at:
http://www.magicims.com/Magic_Shop/DVDs/Magic_Academy.php
but I haven't seen them to evaluate their quality or content. Volume 4 is the volume that has Lou's instructions on card manipulation.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
I think there's a performance only DVD set showing each of the flourishes from the Encyclopedia of Card Flourishes.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
MagicGirl1536
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of MagicGirl1536
You night want to check out Xtreme Beginnerz by De'vo. Ive got it, its amazing! It doesn't talk all the time, but the 1 hour fanning workshop is PRICELESS! Its worth it!
Bella
those who don't believe in magic won't find it- Roald Dahl
Stoll
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Stoll
If you just want a few specific flourishes, you might just try youtubing them. I have found it extremely helpful because you can find multiple videos from different people teaching you different aspects of the same move. Although, DVDs are nice because they give you a broad range of things to work on so I guess it is up to you.

Best,
Charles
ronnyman
View Profile
New user
Indiana
56 Posts

Profile of ronnyman
I like Xtreme Beginnerz. It's 2 DVDs and have flourishes by De'vo, Jerry Cestkowski and other pros. It was easy to follow. I must have watched it a dozen times first-the best way to get it. If you start off the first time you see it you'll get tied up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Best dvd's teaching flourishes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL