The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cell phone roulette (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Im looking for a roulette style effect using a borrowed audience members cell phone. Does this exist? If so whats it called and where can I get it.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I believe there are several variations of the smashed watch using an audience member's cell phone.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Still looking
anyone have any ideas ?

I want to be able to borrow a phone
put it in a brown lunch bag
mix it with dummy phones in duplicate bags
and then destroy them one my one with the spectators phone being left
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Easy enough.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
As Greg suggests, that's a fairly simple thing to do.
Please PM me if you'd a suggestion or two.

But what would be very cool is if the audience member hands you his iphone 4, you smash it and hand him back a 4S, already programmed with his number, apps, contacts, etc.
Now that would be something I would like someone to do with my phone!
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Great routine!
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Yes!
that is what I'm looking for
something close to that
great find
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Can anyone recommend any marketed effects that involve the smash roulette using a hammer and a spectator's borrowed watch/cell phone?
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
479 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
Signal Strength by Jon Allen

3 audience members are invited onstage and directed to take out their cell phones and are given envelopes to place and seal them inside. Jon places a Kit Kat bar ( same size as an Iphone, etc. ) in his envelope and seals it. The 4 envelopes are mixed up by on of the participants and spread across a table. Jon gives his cell phone to one of the members on stage and they are going to call their own phone.....after Jon chooses an envelope he feels contains the cell phone belonging to the caller. The call is made and...Jon is correct. To the next participant for the same.....

It's on the 1st DVD of his Connection DVD set. GREAT comedy routine using the smash roulette premise...

~allen
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
I never came back to this thread after my second comment haha But I appreciate the responses and the offers for some tips from a few of you!

As a follow up, unsatisfied with what I could find on the topic for te type of routine I wanted, I just created my own. At the point the original question was asked 2012), I was doing just comedy magic and some mental magic, since then, I've become much more involved in straight mentalism and have been performing as a mentalist now for a few years. Anyways, I just wanted to give an update and thank you all for commenting and I apologize I never touched back further.

Thanks all

-Eli
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cell phone roulette (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL